Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
UK
I'm gonna apply for barista/bartender or waiter positions so in order to do this i wanna be sure that my CV looks good enough to be taken in consideration.

I would like to say Thank You in advance . Any critisism or help is more then welcome and as soon as I finish the cover letter i will post it as well.

If someone wants the CV attached let me know and I'll do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Curriculum Vitae[/FONT]
Firstname Surname

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]3 road street[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif], Postal Code
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mobile No: 070000000000 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]E-mail: [/FONT]name@domain.com
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Date of Birth: dd-mm-yyyy
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
I am a hard working individual who thrives on working to the best of my ability. I am committed and enthusiastic; my communication skills are always demonstrated to be spirited. I communicate well with other colleagues and yet work well individually. I organize my time effectively and work better under pressure. I am sensible when making decisions, motivated and successful in what I aim to achieve.
Barman course completed, organized by the Name of who organized it (xxx).
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Employment History[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Feb‘10 – May' 11 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Bar Name [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif](city name) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Position: Barista/Waiter[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] My job role as a waiter was to set up the tables for the lunch time, take the order from the customers and serve them correctly, in a polite manner but also paying attention to the service to be fast. Clear the tables after the guests, sweeping and prepare everything for tomorrow without setting it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Working as a barista in the morning and after lunch involved serving hot or cold drinks such as espresso, cappuccino, macchiato, tea or wine and appetizers. During the rest of the day I was busy serving coffee related drinks and long drinks or cocktails. Another part of this role was to fill up the fridges, clean the working areas and at the of the day cleaning the coffee machine and check the stock. All of my duties were done in a such way where I can maintain a good atmosphere with the customers. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Jan‘08 – Nov' 09[/FONT] Company Name [FONT=Arial, sans-serif](city name) Position: Assistant Manager[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Doing viewings with future tenants and explain to them all the information a person needs to know when they are moving into a student house. Rent collecting from the tenants. Organize the contracts, rent sheets and dealing with the bank issues. Make sure that everything runs smoothly and the weekly report it's on time. Dealing with all the problems that appears inside and outside the houses and tenants problems as well. Providing a quality service as handyman including: painting and decorating, garden maintenance, furniture delivery to the houses, assembling flat packs and all aspects of plumbing, carpentry and building work.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sep ‘07- Nov ` 07 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Restaurant Name ([/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]city name)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Position: Kitchen Porter[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] Working in a b Working in a kitchen like the one in Restaurant Name increased my confidence in team work and also the speed that I used to reach to complete my tasks such as cleaning the plates, cutlery, pans and other related things. Helping the chefs with small tasks but being able to finish my ones as well made be happy to be part of the team that can succeed under pressure.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mar ‘07 - Jun`07[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Bar Name(city name) [/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Position: Bar Support[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
Stocking up fridges, serving drinks, stock checking were parts of my duties.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] Cleaning the bar and public areas. This job has allowed me to take on responsibilities and work within a team to run a successful bar.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Interests/Hobbies[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif] In my spare time I take pleasure in socializing and spending quality time with friends . I enjoy surfing the net as this keeps me up with the latest news. I also want to be happy with the work that I do for the team around me but mostly be happy with my performance in a professional working environment.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]References available on request[/FONT]

===============================================

And like I was saying further down you're having the cover letter i was telling you about.
Any help is more then welcome and I'll thank you in advance.

--------------- Cover Letter -------------------------

Hello -Employer Name-

I would like to apply for the - Position You Want- that you have advertised on -Website Name-.
My mix of previous work and life experience have convince me that this is the career option that will bring me the most satisfaction.
As you can see from the attached CV my last job was as a Barista and Waiter and I was able to gain more experience in this field and practice things that I was taught at the Barman course that I graduate.
Working as an assistant manager in a Real Estate Agency gave me enough confidence dealing with people.
My first two jobs as Bar Support and Kitchen Porter showed me that being part of a team has the same importance as working by yourself and helped me a lot to built up my skills.
I am an enthusiastic and friendly person and I enjoy working in a fast working environment.
Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from you soon, and i am available for an interview at whatever time is suitable for you.

-- Your Name---

================================================

Last edited:

alecs

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
UK
Same cover letter but with some adjustements. Thank you for reading it.
I want to mention that I'm not to into the formal thing so I am trying to avoid them as much as possible.

Cheers in advance for the review.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello -Employer Name-

I would like to apply for the - Position You Want- that you have advertised on -Website Name-.
My mix of previous work and life experience have convince me that this is the career option that will bring me the most satisfaction.
As you can see from the attached CV my last job was as a Barista and during that time I was able to gain more experience in this field
and put into practice every day what I was taught at the Barman course that I graduate.
Working as an assistant manager in a Real Estate Agency improved my ability to deal with customers in a polite and friendly way but also thought me how to solve a situation under pressure and get the best from it.
My first two jobs as Bar Support and Kitchen Porter showed me that being part of a team has the same importance as working by yourself and helped me a lot to built up my skills and do
things in an enthusiastic and friendly manner all of this in a fast working environment.
Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from you soon, and i am available for an interview at whatever time is suitable for you.

-- Your Name---
=============================================

Status
Not open for further replies.