Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Spain
I am going to be teaching young learners and teenagers. I have previously been teaching adults using the HeadWay, Natural English and English File series. I was wondering if there is a specific text book anyone could recommend for young learners aged 4 plus, and another for teenagers please?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

For ages 4-6 I recommend the Longman series of books. They're mostly well structured aside from the dreaded Longman 4!

For ages 7-10 I recommend a series a books called SPEC. We use them at my school and they're very well set out. However, I think they might be specifically designed for our chain of schools so I'm not sure if they're commercially available.

For teenagers, I'm not entirely sure - you could try LiveWire. For teenagers you can try using NEF or Cutting Edge but you'll need to supplement a lot to bring things more to their level of English and interests.

Hope that helps.

I am going to be teaching young learners and teenagers. I have previously been teaching adults using the HeadWay, Natural English and English File series. I was wondering if there is a specific text book anyone could recommend for young learners aged 4 plus, and another for teenagers please?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

How about teaching with no textbook?

Yeah, for the young ones, I don't think it makes a massive amount of difference. I use Fingerprints for 4-6 year olds and Way Ahead for 6-10, but I barely even open the book in class. I teach a page every lesson, and obviously it's useful for them to have a workbook that they can use to revise at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back