In time & On time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I choosed ( on ) which I think is the correct answer .

Am I right ?

The correct answer is "on time".

I chose ( on ) which I think is the correct answer .

Am I right ?
I think it is the correct answer this time. ;-)

In my opinion, "in time" tends to be used more specifically, Examples:
I got there in plenty of time to eat something before I started work.
I got there in time to talk to Marsha before the meeting started.
:)

This is great service. Explaination can be more useful.

I often use the two interchangeably. I think there is a difference though, with on time being used when the speaker has a specific time in mind.

In time-reached before the scheduled time.This thread was poted a week before.

Last edited:
I often use the two interchangeably. I think there is a difference though, with on time being used when the speaker has a specific time in mind.

Yes, I agree.

"I had a meeting at 3:00 and I managed to get there on time".

"The rain gradually got worst, I feared I would get soaked, but I made it to my car just in time".

O! it isvery nice to use this one. I feel that ireached on time is the correct answer.:lol:

Hi!
I guess it sound better using the expression " on time" due this one means " During the time of....." and " in " means about something located inside. Then if I use the expression "in time", I guess I refer " into the time".

well ..I'm a new member and this is the first topic I've read ( Is the tense in this sentence correct?:?: )

I just want to thank you all because of the good information and the explanation..

P . S . I chose ON time ( It made sense to me :cool:)
Thanks one more time

I think may be in time.I think you should give the correct answer.

I think may be in time.I think you should give the correct answer.
Well, 70% (so far) have said on time, andI agree with them. You may call that the correct answer if you wish. (You certainly can't go wrong with that one.)

Yes, I agree.

"I had a meeting at 3:00 and I managed to get there on time".

"The rain gradually got worst, I feared I would get soaked, but I made it to my car just in time".

Hi,
I just happened to read this and wanted to get sure if this usage is acceptable: ...gradually got "worst" or "worse"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back