Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Qatar
Hello,

i have an interview next week , and i want to write thank you letter, and i dono the address for the company? how can i ask for it professionally

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hello,

i have an interview next week , and i want to write thank you letter, and i dono the address for the company? how can i ask for it professionally
I would sincerely advise you not to send them anything in writing prior to your interview. Your lack of punctuation, capitalisation, incorrect spelling etc. will almost certainly send you to the bottom of their list of potential employees. Besides, the appropriate thing to do if offered an interview is to simply turn up on time for it, dressed appropriately and ready to answer difficult questions.

Still, if you feel you must send them a sample of your written English, you ring the company, and say, "Could you help me, please? I have an interview with X next week, and I want to send a thank you note. However, I don't know the address to which I shoud send it. Would you be able to tell me, please?"

Or, if you need the address for the interview, as your topic line suggests, substitute "and I don't know the address at which the interview is to be held."

coolgurl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Jordan
Current Location
Qatar
Thank you so much for response , I will do what you advised

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
If you telephone, you will probably speak to someone who will not be in a position to influence the decision about your job - so you don't need to worry about appearances!

If you prefer not to telephone, you could always use the web. Most business have a website, usually with a 'Contact us' tab. (It'd be a good idea to have a look at their website anyway - to find out about them before your interview.

b

BobSmith

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
And let's hope the interview is not in person, otherwise, how would coolgurl know where to go?! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.