Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
Hello ,Can we say that: motivated learners have a learning styles and strategies and hence rarely experience anxiety? And vice versa ?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hello ,Can we say that: motivated learners have a learning styles and strategies and hence rarely experience anxiety?

If you delete "a", you can say that. I don't know if it's true though.

yousrati

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Algeria
Current Location
Algeria
I have read in internet that motivated learners are usually distinguished by their different learning styles and strategies that they adopt in their efforts in learning a second language. Whereas others believe that motivation in second language learning is not brought only by adopting these techniques; students may have motives of “not failing in learning” or “competing against others to get a good mark”.

Since “motivation” was a debatable issue for many educational scholars (as I think), I have questioned myself:
:roll: If learning styles and strategies are one of the various factors that distinct between learners?

Thank you for your view point.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I have read in internet that motivated learners are usually distinguished by their different learning styles and strategies that they adopt in their efforts in learning a second language. Whereas others believe that motivation in second language learning is not brought only by adopting these techniques; students may have motives of “not failing in learning” or “competing against others to get a good mark”.

Since “motivation” was a debatable issue for many educational scholars (as I think), I have asked myself
whether
learning styles and strategies are one of the various factors that distinquish between learners?

Thank you for your view point.
Of course you could distinguish between learners based on learning style if you wanted to. Most things in life are done differently by different people, and learning a language is of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.