My counter is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand what do you mean is not consistant? The reason I am saying "a bit low" is to tell the buyer that I think his offer is a bit low. Then I wanted to let him know that I want something nearer to $150

I think BobSmith has already given you a phrase which means exactly what you're looking for: i.e.

(quote from post #18) If you want to allow some wiggle room, say: "Sorry, I am looking for closer to $150."

I understand BobSmith has given me the solution, but I am still a bit curious about what BobSmith says about ""a bit low" and then adding $30 (25%) is not consistant."

Anyone can enlighten me why "$120 is a bit low, how about $150?" is wrong? Or is it right? What is not consistant?

Just trying to understand if my sentence did make any sense to english speakers so I can improve myself. Thanks.

It means that in Bob's opinion, a $30 jump in price, for something he thinks is worth at most $120, is not a bit low. In fact, it's a bit high. If I were in your shoes, I would not use "a bit low" and then suggest $150 from $120.

Thank God (so to speak) that almost everything in Australia is a fixed price. We rarely haggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back