Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
These are the idioms which I came across in a book meant for banking exam preparation. I couldn't find the meaning anywhere. Not only answers but also meanings with example(s) requested. Here they go:

1) To have one's head in the clouds

A) to be concealed from the view B) to find oneself in a comfortable position C) too concerned with one's problems to be aware of the real situation. D) to fly deep in the clouds. E) None.

2) To be a good Samaritan

A) a religious person B) a genuinely charitable person C) a citizen of Samaritana D) to be law abiding E) None

3) To beat the air

A) to act foolishly B) to move vigorously C) to move sluggishly D) to make useless efforts

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
These are the idioms which I came across in a book meant for banking exam preparation. I couldn't find the meaning anywhere. Not only answers but also meanings with example(s) requested. Here they go:

1) To have one's head in the clouds

A) to be concealed from the view B) to find oneself in a comfortable position C) too concerned with one's problems to be aware of the real situation. D) to fly deep in the clouds. E) None.
2) To be a good Samaritan

A) a religious person B) a genuinely charitable person C) a citizen of Samaritana D) to be law abiding E) None

3) To beat the air

A) to act foolishly B) to move vigorously C) to move sluggishly D) to make useless efforts

What is your best guess? Someone will respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.