[General] How to ask the amount of the population of a country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UM Chakma

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
Hi there,

How to ask the amount of the population of a country?

"How many inhabitants does XXX have?" or "How many people live in XXX?" are both fine. There may be other ways, but these are the two I can think of.

"How many inhabitants does XXX have?" or "How many people live in XXX?" are both fine. There may be other ways, but these are the two I can think of.

"How is the population of your country"
Can I say it?

And that's what I wanted to mean.
Since you're now tackling how to ask questions, please note that "How to ask ..." is not a sentence.
Your title could have been "How do I ask about the population of a country?", "How do you ask..."; How does one ask..."
I know you'll see "How to ....?" as a question all over the web. It's wrong.

Since you're now tackling how to ask questions, please note that "How to ask ..." is not a sentence.
Your title could have been "How do I ask about the population of a country?", "How do you ask..."; How does one ask..."
I know you'll see "How to ....?" as a question all over the web. It's wrong.

Yes I have seen. Wow! I just knew it's wrong. If I knew it was wrong I would never use it. It is perhaps a phrase, isn't it? Because we see sentences like "Do you know how to get to there?"

Last edited:
"Do you know how to get there?" is not the same as "How to get there?" The first is correct, the second isn't.

The only place where "How to get there" (note there is no question mark) is as the title of a list of directions telling you how to get somewhere. It is, in effect, a shortened version of "Here is an explanation of how to get there".

"Do you know how to get there?" is not the same as "How to get there?" The first is correct, the second isn't.

The only place where "How to get there" (note there is no question mark) is as the title of a list of directions telling you how to get somewhere. It is, in effect, a shortened version of "Here is an explanation of how to get there".

What do you mean by "first one is correct" and "second is not"? I mean Which do you say is correct and wrong?
Did you mean "How to ask the amount of the population of country?" correct?
Did you mean "Do you know how to get there" wrong?

What do you mean by "first one is correct" and "second is not"? I mean Which do you say is correct and wrong?
UM Chakma, ems gave you two sentences, and then said 'The first is correct, the second isn't'. Is that really so hard to understand?

Now I got it. It's not that hard 5jj but I didn't really understand it. Okay now it's clear. Next time I will be asking "How do I ask something?" as Bhai had said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back