Student or Learner
Native Language
Hebrew
Home Country
Israel
Current Location
Israel
Hi,

I wrote a short essay in order to improve my English but I don't have someone to check it.
This is the essay:
Last summer I have had a great vacation. I traveled with my family to Barcelona and it was my first time abroad. I had a lot of fun seeing another country. We stayed there for a short time - only a week. But we saw many things in that short time.
The most noticeable thing there were the unique buildings and the hot weather. I think the buildings are the result of a famous architect and the culture.
While we were there we watched a football game in a great stadium. We also have been in the museum of Picasso.
overall, it was a great experience and I am very glad I have been there. I wish to see other places in the world in the future.

I will be great-full for someone's help.
Thank you!!!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Last summer I [strike]have[/strike] had a great vacation.

I traveled with my family to Barcelona and it was my first time abroad. I had a lot of fun seeing another country.
I travelled/went to Barcelona with my family. It was my first time abroad and I really enjoyed visiting another/a foreign country.

We stayed there for a short time (only a week) but we saw many things in that short time.
The most [strike]noticeable[/strike] notable things [there​] were the unique buildings and the hot weather. I think the buildings are the result of a famous architect and the culture.

While we were there we watched a football game in a great stadium. We also [strike]have been in[/strike] went to/visited the museum of Picasso. Is it actually called "The Museum of Picasso". I think it is probably "The Picasso Museum" when translated into English.

Overall, it was a great experience and I am very glad I [strike]have been[/strike] there. I wish to see other places in the world in the future.

See above for my suggested corrections (in red).

Status
Not open for further replies.