Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi! I need to translate a promo text for a company into English but I am afraid it is not idiomatic enough. Is it possible to say: we prove our competence in actions?
The main idea is to write that the company doesn't boast of being a team of professionals saying how good they are but proves it by doing their job well. Any ideas are welcome! Thanks in advance.

Maybe "We prove our competence by our actions". It's not great but it's grammatically correct. You need to know that being "competent" is not a particularly wonderful thing! It's OK but it's not particularly complimentary. It's just OK.

Agreed. You'll see our excellence in our actions.
Perhaps.

Ok, thanks for the ideas!

I'd rather deal with a competent company than one who advertises their excellence with no justification. Since you are writing for the company, you should check with them whether they can provide a service consistent with that claim. But keep in mind I know nothing about advertising in Russia. Here, everybody's 'excellent' in their ads since such claims are not generally testable by consumer-protecting authorities. On the other hand you cannot lie about something specific such as having the "lowest prices" unless you actually do.
I actually like the truth of your suggestion - though it wouldn't work in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back