[Essay] Ielts Letters. plz review and rectify my mistakes, and submit possible band score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rang6300

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
[letter to a pen friend in another country whom you plan to visit soon, tell him your plans and ask him to make arrangements]

My dear Sam,

How are you? I hope you are doing fine and enjoying your summer holidays. Well, I got some good news for you, your wish to spend a summer break with me is going to be fulfilled as I plan a trip to England next week.
I will be accompanied with a close friend of mine, John, as we plan to watch semi-final and final matches of the world cup in Lord’s Stadium. We have already bought tickets and would love if you can join us.
I understand you want me to stay with you in your flat but I don’t want you to give you much trouble to accommodate both of us. If you could just recommend a reasonable hotel near your place, that would be great.
Also, suggest some other activities besides watching cricket, where we can all participate in. Are there going to be any cultural festivals during our stay?
I will be waiting for your reply. Pay my regards to Uncle Shah.
Best wishes,

Will Smith

[another letter- lost a bag, write a letter to taxi manager explain how you lost and demand an action]
I am writing to report a lost laptop bag that I forgot to pickup while getting off from one of your cabs recently.

My name is Will Smith and my customer identification number is Stu55. Last Friday, on 24th of June, I booked a yellow cab for a trip to Downhill railway station via a phone call that was made on 6 am from Uphill road, Sydney. I was told Mr. Shah will pick me up from my place at 7pm. However, he arrived 15 minutes late. Therefore, while getting off from taxi at the station, I forgot to collect the laptop bag in my rush to catch my train. I realized the mistake only after the train departed.
The laptop bag contains my original credentials and a laptop. The documents are very important for me as I am liable to show them on my scheduled interview next week. I would like you to find my laptop bag at your earliest convenience. I shall be very thankful to you.
I am looking to hearing from you soon.
Yours faithfully,
Will Smith

**thanks in advance SIR**

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Is this homework?

rang6300

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Pakistan
Is this homework?
no i have to appear in ielts test, its my self study, need someone to point out mistakes in grammar n sentence structures so that i can rectify and obtain my desire band score in Ielts, i require 7 bands in each module

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First, tell me what a band is, then repost one of the letters. (One at a time!)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.