Is this statement correct and what does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodaM

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Is this statement linguistically correct?

"Scientific industry development "

and what does it mean?
is it development of scientific industry
or a scientific method of industry development?

I want a topic which conveys the meaning of developing science to be beneficial in industry...

Another suggestion: "industrial science development", does this have the meaning I intend?

Thanks!

Last edited:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
It is not a statement. It is a noun phrase.

"Scientific industry development" (no space before the close quotes) means development of industries that are based on science. "Industrial science development", on the other hand, means development of science that may be beneficial to industry.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I want a topic which conveys the meaning of developing science to be beneficial in industry...
I'd seriously consider writing a non-ambiguous topic, for example, "Developing Science that is beneficial in Industry"; "Developing Industry-beneficial Science".
Is there some reason you only want to use three words? This is not a usual English practice.

hodaM

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Actually I am restricted to a 3 or 4-word to use as topic, and it should be an outstanding phrase...
I spent 1 hour googling the issue but couldn't make sure that the phrase I came up with (at last) has the meaning I intend and is of course correct in native english...

Status
Not open for further replies.