Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Hi! i wrote a paragraph about childhood obesity. Can someone help me? grammar mistakes or outlining.

Thank you.

The Impact of Food Advertising on Childhood Obesity

More and more children are suffering serious public health problems. Such as diabetes. Because there is no relation between their weight and height measurements. There are many reasons for increase obese children. Such as poor diet, lack of physical exercise and effect of watching too much television. In my opinion, major reasons of obesity is advertising. Children are allowed to watch too much television. And they are eating snacks while watching TV. So, they watch all the TV commercials. Fast food ındustries usually use television to sell their products. Especially, they aimed at young children. They are showing junk food is fun, colorful and animated. They obviously appeal to children. Young children are naive about misleading advertising and don’t understand that advertisement are not always true. Children lack of self control to all of these media products. They approach to food emotionally. To conclude, I think the food companies are very irresponsible. Because, they are very aware of the impact their adverts have on young children. Parents should protect their children from advertisement. I strongly believe that advertising is the major reason of childhood obesity.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

What is the purpose of your paragraph? Is it part of a longer essay? When are you going to submit it to your teacher for marking/grading?

smbdyppl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
Thank you. :)

I just try to write a paragraph. It is not homework. I am trying to improve my english. I need a help for seeing my mistakes. I am preparing for YDS exam.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
not a teacher

The Impact of Food Advertising on Childhood Obesity

More and more children are suffering serious public health problems[STRIKE] Such[/STRIKE] such as diabetes. [STRIKE]Because there is no relation between their weight and height measurements[/STRIKE] They are getting obese with their weights out of proportion compared to their heights. There are many reasons for the increase in the number of obese children[STRIKE] Such [/STRIKE] : poor diet, lack of physical exercise and the effect of watching too much television. In my opinion, the major reason[STRIKE]s [/STRIKE][STRIKE]of [/STRIKE] for obesity in children is advertising. Children are allowed to watch too much television. And they are eating snacks while[STRIKE] watching TV[/STRIKE][STRIKE]. So, they[/STRIKE] watching all the TV commercials. Fast food ındustries usually use the television to sell their products[STRIKE] Especially, they[/STRIKE] which are especially aimed at young children. They[STRIKE] are [/STRIKE]show[STRIKE]ing[/STRIKE] show that junk food is fun, colorful and [STRIKE]animated[/STRIKE] exciting. [STRIKE]They[/STRIKE] It obviously appeal to children. Young children are naive [STRIKE]about misleading[/STRIKE] and are being mislead by the advertising and don’t understand that advertisements are not always true. Children lack [STRIKE]of [/STRIKE] the self control not to be influenced by all of these media products. They[STRIKE] approach[/STRIKE] react to food [STRIKE]emotionally[/STRIKE] impulsively . To conclude, I think the food companies are very irresponsible[STRIKE] Because,[/STRIKE] as they are very aware of the impact their adverts have on young children. Parents should protect their children from advertisements. I strongly believe that advertising is the major reason [STRIKE]of [/STRIKE] for child[STRIKE]hood[/STRIKE] obesity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.