Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hi everyone,Could you please tell me what type of conditionals the following are?Please justify your choice why is it zero or 1st conditional?

It's hard for me to determine.
1.If she doesn't apply for a scholarship, of course she(doesn't get/won't get) one.
2.If he logs on to the British Council site,he(finds/'ll find)quite a lot of information about courses in Britain.
3.If you want to do a degree in Britain,you(have to/'ll have to)do a one-year foundation course first.
4.I can't get to sleep if I drink a lot of coffee.(zero cond./ 1st cond.)why?
5.If he asks you for money, don't give him any.(zero cond./ 1st cond.)why?
6.If he asks you for money, you shouldn't give him any.(zero cond./ 1st cond.)why?

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
A zero conditional has the present tense in both clauses. A first conditional has the present tense in the first clause and the future tense in the second clause. Now you should be able to figure it out for yourself.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
This looks like asking us to do your homework, and we don't do that. If it is not homework, please explain and give your attempts first.

tigertiger

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Thanks for putting up with me,friends. I'm not an English native speaker.I've got a textbook for teaching and the answers are in the teacher's book.So you don't have to give me the answers. The problem is: we're given rules to teach, for example we're given only conditionals zero,1,2 and 3 but there are mixed conditionals. I need just some explanation.Another example, TB says :explain to students that (get sth done) doesn't come with sth not nice, but they give us a text in SB says "they got their jewelry stolen",that's to name a few!
Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.