Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Views differ considerably when it comes to the issue of taking risks v.s planning. Some people believe that planning carefully is the best way to do things. On the other hand, others assert that taking risks is much more excited and interesting.Both of the opposite arguments are convincing and making sense.

As far as I am concerned, I prefer to take risks rather than to plan before action.First,when I am traveling, taking risks means I may have more surprises during the trip. I like things unpredictable and challenging.I don't need to cling to the schedule. To much planning will make the trip to intense and nervous. Traveling is not playing video games, you don't need to complete missions and level up. Just enjoy the moment and relax.

Second, taking risks can test and improve my reaction when I encounter troubles.I believe that experience is the best teacher. People never learn until they go through it. Planned everything well may cause you loose awareness of dangers. Planning is conservative, it may lead you into worse situation because of the troubles out of blue.

Of course taking risks may lead to bad result that can be avoid by planning. But taking risks can make our lives more flexible. We shouldn’t be tamed by fixed schedule and living without surprises.

thanks

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

When will you submit your short essay to your teacher/tutor for marking?

Status
Not open for further replies.