Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hello everyone!
I am on my last year of High School and I would like to attempt University in United Kingdom so I am preparing a Motivation Letter. However, since I'm from Italy, I don't have a clear idea about how I should write it.
This is what I have written so far, would you mind give it a check? ^^

Dear Sir,
With this letter I woud like to express my genuine interest in studying at the XX University.
My name is XX and I came from Italy. As you may know, Italy has one of the greatest historical heritages of Europe that has roots in both Roman and Greek societies. Growing up here, I was surrounded by an intellectualy stimulating environment that allowed me to become a comprehensively developed person.
During the years I've already spent in school, I have received a diverse and well-developed education, which has included courses in philosophy, pedagogy, psychology, anthropology, and sociology.However, I consistently felt the need to go beyond what I learned from standard textbooks and to discover what the world has to offer. Traveling abroad, especially in the United Kingdom, gave me the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and to experiment with different cultures.That is one of the main reasons I've put a lot of effort into learning languages such as English at a C1 level, Japanese at a N3 level and some basic Chinese and Korean as well.
I love diversity and I love the unique sensation that can only be achieved through immersion in a completely different culture. I would like to take as much as I can from life and maybe, one day, to transmit all I have learned to others. In my decision to study at XX University, I was deeply influenced by the story of Jung Chang, one of my favourite authors and one of your notable alumni. When I first read her book, I felt so similar to her, so I have no doubt that there is no better place for me to study than XX University.
Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your positive response.
Yours faithfully,
XX

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dena, please don't offer help via Private Message. For a start, you're new here and can't even use the PM facility yet (like other newbies). In addition, if people write their own work here, post it publicly and get help with it publicly, it can really help other learners.

Dena11

Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I didn't know that, ty!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
@Ludoh: I think you should write a bit more about your own achievements (academic and extracurricular), career aspirations and about the specific course you're applying for and why you consider yourself a suitable candidate for that course.

Status
Not open for further replies.