Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
can you tell me the meaning of:" leave no storm unturned'

n, can u clarify when to use Ving n To V after the words such as remember , forget,..

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Where did you hear this phrase? It's more commonly heard as 'leave no stone unturned'.

Are you sure you copied it correctly?

Also, please start a separate thread for your second question, since it's a new question.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Can you tell me the meaning of (no colon here) "leave no storm unturned"?

[strike]n,[/strike] Also, can you clarify when to use Ving and To V after [strike]the[/strike] words such as remember, forget etc?

Note my corrections above. You must start every sentence with a capital letter. Follow these rules of written English at all times:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Don't put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Don't put a space after opening quotation marks.

Please ensure you use full words on the forum. "n" does not exist. It's "and". "u" does not exist. It's "you".

As Skrej said, it's "leave no stone unturned".

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
n, can u clarify when to use Ving n To V after the words such as remember , forget,..

With these verbs, it depends whether the memory comes before or after the action:

I remember going there as a child. (= I went as a child and I am remembering that now. Action first, memory second.)
I remembered to give her the key. (= I had the memory first and that prompted me to give her the key. Memory first, action second.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.