Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Hello, there. My students are asked to make a presention for the dicussion topic "Who should you turn to when you are in trouble?" in class. And finally, I want to give them a possible version. Will someone, who is kind enough, check it and make some corrections and improvements? I really appreciate your help. The possible version goes as follows:
Hello, everyone. We dicussed "Who should you turn to when you are in trouble?" in class and here are the results. Most of us choose friends as our friends as our listeners because we like to share secrets with them and we think friends can be trusted as well as having a better understanding of each other. Some of us choose parents to talk to. We believe our parents have more experience in life and are always ready to help us. However, a few including me want to ask teachers for help because we think teachers are the ones who care about us a lot and can help us out of trouble.
Anyway, we all think that sharing a problem is like cutting it in half.
That's all. Thanks.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello, there. My students [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were asked to make a presentation for the discussion topic "Who should you turn to when you are in trouble?" in class. And finally, I want to give them a possible version. Will someone, who is kind enough, check it and make some corrections and improvements? I really appreciate your help. The possible version goes as follows:
Hello, everyone. We discussed who you should [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] turn to when you are in trouble, in class and here are the results. Most of us chose friends as we can trust them and [STRIKE]our friends as our listeners because we like to[/STRIKE] share secrets with them and because our friends are the people who probably understand us best. [STRIKE]we think friends can be trusted as well as having a better understanding of each other.[/STRIKE] Some of us chose parents [STRIKE]to talk to. We believe[/STRIKE] as our parents have more experience in life and are always ready to help us. However, a few including me [STRIKE]want to ask[/STRIKE] would turn to teachers for help because we think teachers are the ones who care about us a lot and can help us out of trouble.
Anyway, we all [STRIKE]think[/STRIKE] agreed that sharing a problem is the first step to solving it. [STRIKE]like cutting it in half.[/STRIKE]
That's all. Thanks.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You might choose your friends to confide in because you feel that they understand you better.

Status
Not open for further replies.