Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hi, this is a letter asking some questions about a university application process for undergraduate admission, UPenn. I would like to know if its ok for me to send like this or is there some sort of mistake?

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to request more information about your application process. I am extremely interested in both the Jerome and Huntsman programs, and am anxious to apply early action for it in your renowned university for admission in the fall of 2017.

First, Would it be possible for me to apply to Jerome and Huntsman Programs early action, or do I have to choose one to apply to?

Second, I would greatly appreciate some information about the English language requirements for International Applicants from a non-English speaking country, would a great SAT score (redesigned) and/or an interview be enough or is the TOEFL nescessary?

Third, as the SAT essay is not required for Upenn, would a bad grade at the essay portion be hold against me or would it just be disconsidered?
Fourth, Considering I am going to do both the physics and mathematics II SAT Subjects, as a third one would you prefer the Spanish or the Chemistry test?

Thank you in advance for your attention to my request. I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours sincerely,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is to request more information about your application process. I am [STRIKE]extremely[/STRIKE] very interested in both the Jerome and Huntsman programs, and I am [STRIKE]anxious[/STRIKE] eager to make an [STRIKE]apply[/STRIKE] early-action application for [STRIKE]it in[/STRIKE] them at your renowned university for admission in the fall of 2017.

First, would it be possible for me to apply [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for both the Jerome and Huntsman programs, early action, or do I have to choose one to apply for? [STRIKE]to?[/STRIKE]

Second, I would greatly appreciate some information about the English language requirements for international applicants from a non-English speaking country. Would a [STRIKE]great[/STRIKE] high SAT score (redesigned) and/or an interview be enough, or is [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a particular TOEFL score necessary?

Third, as the SAT essay is not required for UPenn, would a [STRIKE]bad[/STRIKE] low grade [STRIKE]at[/STRIKE] in the essay [STRIKE]portion[/STRIKE] part of the test be [STRIKE]hold[/STRIKE] held against [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] the applicant or would it just not be taken into consideration? [STRIKE]be disconsidered?[/STRIKE]

Fourth, Considering I am going to do both the physics and mathematics II SAT subjects, would UPenn prefer Spanish or Chemistry for my third subject? [STRIKE]as a third one would you prefer the Spanish or the Chemistry test?[/STRIKE]

Thank you in advance for your kind attention, and [STRIKE]to my request.[/STRIKE] I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully, [STRIKE]sincerely,[/STRIKE]

Status
Not open for further replies.