Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Hi everybody,

I have to ask a professor for a reference letter and I prepared this email. I would highly appreciate any help to improve it. Please help! Thanks in advance!

"Dear Prof Milito,

I hope everything is fine with you.

I am writing to ask if you would write a letter of recommendation on my behalf for a PhD position at University of Twente.

In order to complete the online application form, I need to provide contact details of three referees who can supply a recommendation. Later, when I submit my complete application form, an email will automatically be sent to the referees indicated in the form, asking them to provide recommendation letters.

Prof Smith and Prof Carl confirmed their availability and I would ask you if you are willing to be contacted in the coming days by the university so as to provide my reference, which consists of two elements, a form to be filled out by the referee and an additional letter with the referee's comments.

I always appreciated your perspective and judgment and I strongly believe that you know me well enough to be able to talk about my abilities and qualifications.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change referee details once the application has been submitted, so I decided to contact you before to check your availability.

I greatly appreciate your help and feel that your recommendation will help me tocompete successfully for this position.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Best regards,

..."
Thanks in advance!

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Prof Milito,

I hope everything is fine with you.

I am writing to ask if you would write a letter of recommendation on my behalf for a PhD position at the University of Twente.

In order to complete the online application form, I need to provide contact details of three referees who can supply a recommendation. Later, when I submit my complete application form, an email will automatically be sent to the referees indicated in the form, asking them to provide recommendation letters.

Prof Smith and Prof Carl confirmed their availability, and I [STRIKE]would[/STRIKE] wish to ask you if you are willing to be contacted in the coming days by the university [STRIKE]so as[/STRIKE] to provide [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] a reference for me, which consists of two elements - a form to be filled out by the referee and an additional letter with the referee's comments.

I always appreciated your perspective and judgment, and I strongly believe that you know me well enough to be able to talk about my abilities and qualifications.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change referee details once the application has been submitted, so I decided to contact you beforehand to check your availability.

I greatly appreciate your help and feel that your recommendation will help me to compete successfully for this position.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.