Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear Community Members,

I am writing a story and I am confused about correct use of "meet".

If I have to arrange a meet for two people and I have to inform the same to other person then what should be the correct sentence.

As per my understanding, I wrote:

"I'll meet you with him soon."

Please let me know if it is correct, If not then please help me with the correct sentence.

Thank you
Alok Kumar

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Your sentence is incorrect. If all three of you are going to meet at the same time/place, you could say "I'll meet both of you soon" or "We will all meet [up] soon".

If you will not attend the meeting you would say "I will arrange for the two of you to meet soon".

ssgsakg

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you for you response however I still could not place it in below mentioned discussion. Can you please help me with correct sentence for Bold sentence :

“You dance really well. I liked your dance.” I praised Komal.
“My boyfriend also likes my dance.” Komal said.
“Boyfriend! How many boyfriends do you have?” I asked surprisingly because I was myself trying on her.
“I have one boyfriend and he has two children now.” She said which made me realize that I still had a chance.
“Okay. Is one more accepted?” I asked.
“Who is that?” She asked.
“Hmm, he is someone who likes you.” I said.
“Who is that?” She asked again.
“I’ll meet you with him soon.” I said to her.
“I may do something wrong after meeting him.” She smiled and said.

Thank you and Regards,
Alok Kumar

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
That sounds like you mean 'I'll bring him to meet you soon'.

There are a lot of problems with this conversation. I'm moving it to the Editing & Writing Topics forum. Somebody may have time to improve it for you.

ssgsakg

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for your response. However, I still could not place it in the [STRIKE]below mentioned[/STRIKE] discussion below. Can you please help me [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] by correcting the sentence [STRIKE]for[/STRIKE] in bold? [STRIKE]Bold sentence : [/STRIKE]

I praised Komal by saying “You dance really well. I liked your dance.” [STRIKE]I praised Komal.[/STRIKE]
“My boyfriend also likes my dance”, Komal said.
“Boyfriend! How many boyfriends do you have?” I asked [STRIKE]surprisingly[/STRIKE] surprisedly, because I was [STRIKE]myself trying on[/STRIKE] flirting with her.
“I have one boyfriend and he has two children now”, she said, which made me realize that I still had a chance.
“Okay. Is one more accepted?” I asked. I have no idea what that question means.
“Who is that?”, she asked.
“Hmm, he is someone who likes you”, I said.
“Who is that?”, she asked again.
“I’ll [STRIKE]meet you with[/STRIKE] introduce you to him soon”, I said to her.
“I may do something wrong after meeting him”, she [STRIKE]smiled and[/STRIKE] said, smiling.

[STRIKE]Thank you and Regards,[/STRIKE] Unnecessary
[STRIKE]Alok Kumar[/STRIKE] Unnecessary

Note my changes to the whole piece above, marked in red. I don't understand the section starting "Okay. Is one more accepted?" I don't know what that question means or why Komal would reply to it with another question which seems to have no relation to the first question.
Also, if you were flirting with Komal (I think that's what you meant by "I was myself trying on her"), why would you offer to help her meet another man?

I've done my best with it but I'm not sure that I really understand what you were trying to say.

Note that you particularly need to study how we use punctuation with/around quotation marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.