Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Hong Kong
Current Location
Hong Kong
I doubt where an "it" should be added after the word "realized". Also, please correct my mistake if there is any. Many thanks!

I mistakenly took the deadline as 12:00 at night and only realized after the notification.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
[STRIKE]I doubt where an[/STRIKE] I don't know whether "it" should be added after the word "realized". Also, please correct my mistakes if there [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are any. Many thanks!

I mistakenly took the deadline as 12:00 at night and only realized after the notification.

Try this: I misunderstood the deadline to be midnight. I only realized after receiving the notification that it was really ten PM.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I mistakenly thought the deadline was midnight. I realised only after receiving the notification that it was actually noon.

Note that, grammatically, your title should have been "Are there any mistakes in this sentence?" However, thread titles should included some/all of the words you are querying so your title should actually have been something like "I mistakenly took the deadline as 12:00".

Status
Not open for further replies.