A time in your life when you had difficulty making an important decision...

Status
Not open for further replies.

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Describe a particular time in your life when you had difficulty making an important decision. Identify the situation and explain whether you were able to resolve the problem. How? If not, why not what happened?

It was the final year of my high school when I had to decide whether to go for higher study or not. Choosing for the next phase of life is one of the hardest decision which affect the whole life. Although I love reading and learning new skills, it was not easy . Despite the study, I had to earn too. The conflict was increasing day by day.

Finally, I decided to enhance the skills so I made up my mind for higher education. It will not only enhance the
knowledge, but will provide better earning options in future. The best thing I did that I prepared myself for earning by doing odd jobs in the summer.

First few months
desperately tired for me as I had never been alone in a different city and away from my parents. Moreover, I had to manage everything by myself from getting up to daily chores, college and job. After that, I focused more on study and college course which turned me into a discipline and progressive person. I learned how to dedicated to the aim. I earned good grades in my graduation. Meanwhile, I got a good job through campus recruiting.

If I had chosen the other way I would not have been a
progressive and potential person. Though It is hard to take a step which challenged and scared us in the beginning, It converted us into a better person. Difficulties are the part of progress and success and a way to reach the goal.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

It was the final year of my high school when I had to decide whether to go for [STRIKE]higher study[/STRIKE] further education or not.
Choosing for the next phase of life is one of the hardest decision which affect the whole life. Although I love reading and learning new skills, it was not an easy choice. Despite [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my deep interest in studying, I had to earn an income too. [STRIKE]The conflict was increasing day by day.[/STRIKE] I agonized over that important decision for some days.

Finally, I decided that it would be more beneficial for me to [STRIKE]enhance the skills so I made up my mind for[/STRIKE] get a higher education. [STRIKE]It will not[/STRIKE] That would not only enhance [STRIKE]the [/STRIKE]
my knowledge, but [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] would provide better [STRIKE]earning options[/STRIKE] job opportunities in future. The best thing I did that I prepared myself for earning by doing odd jobs in the summer.

For the first few months of college, I felt
desperately tired [STRIKE]for me[/STRIKE] as I had never been alone in a different city and away from my parents. Moreover, I had to manage everything by myself from [STRIKE]getting up to[/STRIKE] the daily chores to college and finding a part-time job. After that, I focused more on on my studies, [STRIKE]and college course[/STRIKE] which [STRIKE]turned me into[/STRIKE] helped me become a disciplined and progressive person. I learned how to dedicated to the aim. I earned good grades in college and [STRIKE]my graduation.[/STRIKE] meanwhile, I got a good job through campus recruiting.

Looking back, if I had chosen the other [STRIKE]way[/STRIKE] option of getting a job instead of going into college, I would not have [STRIKE]been[/STRIKE] become a
progressive and potential person. Though It is sometimes hard to take a [STRIKE]step[/STRIKE] risk which seems challenging [STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE] and scary [STRIKE]ed[/STRIKE][STRIKE] us[/STRIKE] in the beginning, taking a risk often pays off in the end. [STRIKE]It converted us into a better person.[/STRIKE] Difficulties are the part of progress and success and a way to reach the goal.

I do not understand the highlighted text.

THOUGHTFUL

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I do not understand the highlighted text.

These sentences are not directly connected to the essay but they expressed the feeling of that situation.
Are they weaken the essay?

Status
Not open for further replies.