Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Lithuanian
Home Country
Lithuania
Current Location
Lithuania
Hello, I'm in need of help. I have to send in the motivational letter in a couple of days but I'm not confident in it. I would really appreciate if you could read it and give your honest opinion about it, maybe even some tips. Thank you for your time.

----------------------
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to apply for admission into the XXXX programme at the Culinary Arts Institute of XXXX. I am eager to learn and prepared to adapt myself to the new working, learning situation and I am certain that this Bachelor’s programme will help me to fulfil myself in both professional and personal contexts.

I am currently finishing my last year of high school where I have spent a lot of time and effort learning subjects which reflect my preferences and interests such as The English language, technologies, aesthetic. That made me interested in all kinds of arts: singing, acting, dancing. I’ve learned lots of valuable experiences, qualities especially the ones that included teamwork. I had acted in theatre for five years gaining the leadership skills necessary to reach my goals also gaining skills to analyze and adapt to sudden circumstances. Those obtained abilities will greatly help me in the future.

My current goal that I’m trying to achieve is to become a chef. I’ve fallen in love with how you can make art out of just a small number of ingredients it’s also a great form to express yourself. I’ve got introduced to the aesthetics of cooking by my grandmother. She was always proud of her creations especially in confectionery, making me curious about this craft. I’ve just recently rediscovered my interest in the culinary department when I saw Bulgarian chef Mihal Ashminov working as a chef in a cooking variety program. His food making technique and flawless making skills made me want to study in Bulgaria.

In the field of cooking I am like a blank piece of paper, ready to consume every bit of information given to me and work hard with the guidance and support of the professors. The educational approach that is used in Bulgaria would provide me with the widest range of specializations in the field of culinary, as well as a lot of practical skills which is exactly what I need. I also really appreciate the opportunity of becoming an exchange student that your university provides, I’m very interested in other countries cuisines, cooking traditions, eating etiquette and so much more.
Finally, I think your given chance would be a big step forwards towards my dream. I would not only gain immediate knowledge, but also a ton of valuable experience. After finishing studies, I will continue to spread the name of XXX, teaching other’s the prospects of culinary art all over the world.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and time,
XXXX

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello, I'm in need of help. I have to send in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] this motivational letter in a couple of days, but I'm not confident in it. I would really appreciate it if you could read it and give your honest opinion about it, maybe even some tips. Thank you for your time.

Hello Finex, and welcome to the forum. :)

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing this letter to apply for admission into the XXXX programme at the Culinary Arts Institute of XXXX. I am eager to learn and prepared to adapt myself to the new [STRIKE]working,[/STRIKE] learning environment, [STRIKE]situation[/STRIKE] and I am certain that this bachelor’s programme will help me to fulfill my [STRIKE]self in[/STRIKE] both professional and personal development goals. [STRIKE]contexts.[/STRIKE]

I am currently finishing my last year of high school where I have spent a lot of time and effort learning subjects which reflect my preferences and interests such as the English language, technologies and aesthetic. [STRIKE]That made me[/STRIKE] I am interested in all kinds of arts such as singing, acting, and dancing. I enjoy [STRIKE]’ve learned lots of valuable experiences, qualities especially the ones that included[/STRIKE] teamwork, and by acting [STRIKE]I had acted[/STRIKE] in the theatre for five years, I have gained [STRIKE]ing the[/STRIKE] valuable leadership skills necessary to reach my goals. [STRIKE]also gaining skills to analyze and adapt to sudden circumstances. Those obtained abilities will greatly help me in the future.[/STRIKE]

My [STRIKE]current goal that I’m trying to achieve[/STRIKE] prime career objective is to become a chef. I’ve fallen in love with how [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] one can make art out of just a small number of ingredients. it’s also a great form to express yourself in. I was [STRIKE]’ve got[/STRIKE] introduced to the aesthetics of cooking by my grandmother. She was always proud of her creations, especially in confectionery, making me curious about this craft. I [STRIKE]’ve just[/STRIKE] recently [STRIKE]rediscovered my interest in the culinary department when I[/STRIKE] saw Bulgarian chef Mihal Ashminov [STRIKE]working as a chef in[/STRIKE] on a cooking variety program on TV, and I was really inspired by him. His food-making technique and flawless [STRIKE]making[/STRIKE] skills made me want to study in Bulgaria.

[STRIKE]In the field of[/STRIKE] When it comes to cooking, I am like a blank piece of paper, ready to [STRIKE]consume[/STRIKE] absorb every bit of information given to me and work hard with the guidance and support of the teachers. [STRIKE]professors.[/STRIKE] The educational approach that is used in Bulgaria would provide me with the widest range of specializations in the [STRIKE]field of[/STRIKE] culinary field, as well as a lot of practical skills which is exactly what I need. I also really appreciate the opportunity that your university provides of becoming an exchange student. [STRIKE]that your university provides,[/STRIKE] I’m very interested in other countries' cuisines, cooking traditions, eating etiquette and so much more.

[STRIKE]Finally, I think your given chance would be a big step forwards[/STRIKE] To sum up, this programme is a unique opportunity for me towards achieving my dream. I would not only gain [STRIKE]immediate[/STRIKE] essential knowledge, but also a [STRIKE]ton[/STRIKE] lot of valuable experience. After finishing my studies, I hope to become an international, creative and successful chef. [STRIKE]will continue to spread the name of XXX, teaching other’s the prospects of culinary art all over the world.[/STRIKE]

Thank you in advance for your consideration and time.

Yours faithfully,

XXXX

Finex

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Lithuanian
Home Country
Lithuania
Current Location
Lithuania
Hello Finex, and welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you for correcting my motivation letter and welcoming me to the forum. I would like to ask if my letter isn't too short? Maybe something should be added to it as well?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
It's okay, but if you can talk a little about your achievements (academic or otherwise), then you can include that. Only do so if they are specific- do not write waffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.