Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
This is the paragraph from a short story I am currently writing. In the part before this, my narrator had been given some kind of sleeping drug by a group of soldiers who stopped him in the woods. Now he wakes up in a cell.
Would you please correct my mistakes. I feel that probably some sentences do not sound natural.

I came to in a narrow room with the concrete floor. A thin mattress with a blanket and a pillow lay in one corner and, in another, a washbasin and a toilet made from stainless steel. A single fluorescent tube in the high ceiling cast a pale light. The room had no windows, just a square vent through which a weak flow of air came inside. The silence was eerie, as if I was sealed in a tomb. I had only my briefs and t-shirt on. They had taken everything from me, included my watch. I still refused to believe this was reality. This must have been an awful nightmare from which I was going to wake up any moment and return to normal life again.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
This is [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a paragraph from a short story I am currently writing. In the part before this, [STRIKE]my[/STRIKE] the narrator had been given some kind of sleeping drug by a group of soldiers who stopped him in the woods. Now he wakes up in a cell.
Would you please correct my mistakes? I feel that probably some sentences do not sound natural.

I came to in a narrow room with [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] a concrete floor. A thin mattress with a blanket and a pillow lay in one corner and, in another, a washbasin and a toilet made from stainless steel. A single fluorescent tube in the high ceiling cast a pale light. The room had no windows, just a square vent through which a weak flow of air came inside. The silence was eerie, as if I was sealed in a tomb. I had only my briefs and t-shirt on. They had taken everything from me, included my watch. I still refused to believe this was happening to me. [STRIKE]reality. This[/STRIKE] It must have been an awful nightmare from which I was going to wake up any moment and return to normal life again.

Status
Not open for further replies.