Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Please help me make the conversation below sound natural as some kind of interview for a TV show or newspaper. Thanks a lot.

T: Hi, it’s nice to meet you. My name is Tony, and I’m a teacher at this school. Welcome to Yangmei Junior High School. It’s great to have you here!

D: It’s nice to meet you, too. It’s incredible to be here in Taiwan. It’s a wonderful country.

T: Is this your first trip to Taiwan?

D: Yes, it’s also our first time to visit Asia. We are participating in a cultural exchange program with some schools in Taoyuan City. In the past 8 days, we have visited National Palace Museum in Taipei and five senior high schools, including Chih-ping and Nie-li. Your school is our last school we will visit. Everything looks so amazing and different.

T: I hope you enjoy your stay here. Our school is a big junior high school with about 1,400 students and 45 classes. It was
founded in 1947, and we will celebrate its 70th anniversary next year. However, with the tendency to have fewer children, the number of students is decreasing each year. What about your school?

D: Our school, Allerod Gymnasium, is located in Allerod Municipality, Denmark. We are a senior high school with about 750 students and 85 teachers. We have our own sports center, and 29 classes spread over three generations.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

T: Hi, [STRIKE]it’s[/STRIKE] nice to meet you. My name is Tony, and I’m a teacher at this school. Welcome to Yangmei Junior High School. It’s great to have you here!

D: It’s nice to meet you, too. It’s incredible to be here in Taiwan. It’s a wonderful country.

T: Is this your first trip to Taiwan?

D: Yes, it’s also our first time [STRIKE]to visit[/STRIKE] in Asia. We are participating in a cultural exchange program with some schools in Taoyuan City. In the past 8 days, we have visited the National Palace Museum in Taipei and five senior high schools, including Chih-ping and Nie-li. Your school is [STRIKE]our[/STRIKE] the last [STRIKE]school[/STRIKE] we'll [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] visit. Everything looks so amazing and different.

T: I hope you enjoy your stay here. Our school is a big junior high school with about 1,400 students and 45 classes. It was founded in 1947, and we will celebrate its 70th anniversary next year. However, with the falling birthrate in Taiwan, [STRIKE]tendency to have fewer children,[/STRIKE] the number of students is decreasing each year. What about your school?

D: Our school, Allerod Gymnasium, is located in Allerod Municipality in Denmark. [STRIKE]We are[/STRIKE] It's a senior high school with about 750 students and 85 teachers. We have our own sports center, and 29 classes spread over three generations.
I don't understand the part in blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.