Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
1) The claims that were billed without extra documentation were paid good amount.

2) The claims that were billed without extra documentation were paid at good amount.

3) The claims that were billed without extra documentation were paid high amount.

4) The houses with extra space were paid good amount.

Can we say "Something was paid good amount"?

Please check my sentences.

No, we can't. Consequently, all your sentences are incorrect.

Do you mean paid in full?

"Paid good amount" doesn't mean much to me.
Do you mean "paid well"?

Not to me. "Paid in full" makes sense. "Paid" does as well. But "paid well" doesn't mean anything to me.

The insurance company may for legitimate reasons have declined to pay in full, but may have offered a generous/very acceptable/more than adequate settlement.

Last edited:
OK, "paid well" is used with people rather than claims.
The sentence makes sense with an insurance claim which is usually not paid in full.

I think OP's last sentence could be reworded as:
"The houses with extra land fetched good/premium prices." (which I thought is bit of a no-brainer)

Last edited:
I assumed that 'extra space' mean more rooms, or bigger rooms.

Space could be internal space(floor area) or external space(land area).

Tufguy, can you see how it can easily become confusing when you give us multiple sentences to work on, if they don't have the same context? You now have some responses referring to the sentences about claims and other responses referring to the sentence about houses. You also gave us "good amount" and "high amount" to consider.

Please, in future, give us one sentence​ and make it clear which words/phrases or which part of the sentence you are not confident about.

Tufguy, can you see how it can easily become confusing when you give us multiple sentences to work on, if they don't have the same context? You now have some responses referring to the sentences about claims and other responses referring to the sentence about houses. You also gave us "good amount" and "high amount" to consider.

Please, in future, give us one sentence​ and make it clear which words/phrases or which part of the sentence you are not confident about.

Okay.

Can I say "The claims that were billed without extra documentation "fetched good amount" or "were paid at good rate"?

Okay.

Can I say "The claims that were billed without extra documentation "fetched good amount" or "were paid at good rate"?

No.

Tufguy, you agreed to give us just one sentence to consider. Why did you immediately ask our opinion of two possible sentences?

Tufguy, you agreed to give us just one sentence to consider. Why did you immediately ask our opinion of two possible sentences?

Because I had these two options in my mind. What to say?

Okay.

Because I had these two options in my mind. What to say?

As we've explained, giving multiple options starts to get confusing. I suggest you should have asked initially:

Can I say "The claims that were billed without extra documentation fetched good amount"?

We would then have replied with either "Yes" or "No". If it were "No", we would have explained why and given a possible alternative. You could then have gone on, if you wished, to ask "Can I say "The claims that were billed without extra documentation were paid at good rate"?" We would then have answered that question.

So - one sentence at a time, without multiple options please.

As we've explained, giving multiple options starts to get confusing. I suggest you should have asked initially:

Can I say "The claims that were billed without extra documentation fetched good amount"?

We would then have replied with either "Yes" or "No". If it were "No", we would have explained why and given a possible alternative. You could then have gone on, if you wished, to ask "Can I say "The claims that were billed without extra documentation were paid at good rate"?" We would then have answered that question.

So - one sentence at a time, without multiple options please.

Can I say "The claims that were billed without extra documentation "fetched good amount"?

No. "Fetched good amount" is ungrammatical. "Fetched a good amount" can be used but not in your context. It can be used to refer to something being sold and a large amount of money being paid for it.

I decided to sell my grandmother's diamond engagement ring. I took it to a few jewellers but they told me it wasn't a real diamond so it was worthless. I decided to sell it at auction and, in the end, it fetched a good amount!

No. "Fetched good amount" is ungrammatical. "Fetched a good amount" can be used but not in your context. It can be used to refer to something being sold and a large amount of money being paid for it.

I decided to sell my grandmother's diamond engagement ring. I took it to a few jewellers but they told me it wasn't a real diamond so it was worthless. I decided to sell it at auction and, in the end, it fetched a good amount!

Can I say "The claims that were billed without extra documentation "were paid at good rate/amount"?

No.

Employees might be paid a good rate or a good amount - it refers to salary. It doesn't refer to bills or claims.

Your claim was either paid or it wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back