Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Turkish
Home Country
Turkey
Current Location
Turkey
I am going to apply for a job and they want us to write something about why we want to work for them. I wrote the paragraph below, Is there anything looking weird? I am also open for your proposals about how to make it stronger.

''To build a safer, more comfortable, efficient and sustainable future, making everything from a simple device to our living environment smarter is crucial. Since making things smarter has always fascinated me and I can understand how smart technology is useful for the world, I have decided to improve myself in control engineering. As your company's mission is same as mine, I would like to learn from you and work for your company.''

Thanks for your help!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
As your company's mission is the same as mine, I would like to learn from you and work for your company.''
I don't like your first sentence. Long sentences like this with the verb so close to the end are hard to read. You become more convincing with your subsequent sentences.
You could try: "I believe that it is crucial to build a safer, more comfortable, efficient and sustainable future. This includes making everything smarter - from a simple device to our living environment."
The rest is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.