Student or Learner
Native Language
Bosnian
Home Country
Bosnia Herzegovina
Current Location
Sweden
Have I made any mistakes?

Maria rides a bike rather than drives a car because she feels that her health has greatly improved since she started riding.

Maria rides a bike rather than driving a car because she feels that her health has greatly improved since she started riding a bike.

It needed a couple of changes.

How about riding one?

Could "driving" be left out?

Maria rides a bike rather than drives a car because she feels that her health has greatly improved since she started riding.

Maria rides a bike rather than driving a car as she feels her health has greatly improved since riding.

This makes more sense as the original sentence sounds like a 'run on' sentence (Too long).

Sirpatchio

You need to read the Forum guidelines before answering any more questions. At a minimum your responses must acknowledge that you are not a teacher.

Maria rides a bike rather than driving a car as she feels her health has greatly improved since riding.

This makes more sense as the original sentence sounds like a 'run on' sentence (Too long).

Shorter is not always better.
:-(

1) The sentence has poor logic. It doesn't make sense to say that the fact that her health has improved since she started is the reason she does it. It's the reason she continues to do it.

2) If you keep the first part as it is, you must use drives. The suggested driving from post #2 is not grammatical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back