The child's employment status has a strong correlation with its criminal activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glizdka

Key Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello,

This post inspired me to write this short paragraph. I didn't want to throw my questionable writing at another user's post.

I'm not sure if I know how to use the Saxon genitive correctly, and I'm not sure whether I should use the pronoun "its" or "their" when referring to the child. Could you please check if I have made any mistakes?

"I've recently found an article suggesting that it's mothers' fault that their children end up being criminals. The article suggests that unemployed mothers are those whose children grow up only to go to prison.

I don't agree with this article because a study I've just completely made up clearly shows that there is no correlation between mother's employment status and her children's criminal activity, at the same time showing that the child's employment status has a strong correlation with its criminal activity, possibly suggesting causality."

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

I've recently read an article that suggested that it's their mother's fault that children end up being criminals.

And:

The article suggests that it's unemployed mothers whose children wind up in prison.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Try:

The study clearly shows that there is no connection between the mother's employment status and her children's criminal activity.

And:

The same study shows a definite correlation between the children's employment status and their criminal activity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.