Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Bangladesh
Please check it and correct my mistakes in my writing.

One positive thing about the pandemic corona is that for one month no bombs have been dropped onto any residential areas from warplanes. No high explosives from any tanks have reduced a house to rubble. Nor has a child got lost at sea or floated dead on the bank while having to flee across the sea as a refugee. Before death, no child has had to say crying, "I'm gonna complain to Allah."
It is Allah Who knows everything, hears everything. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. When He catches up with someone (out of wrath), none in the universe is capable of rescuing them.
We, so far, overlooked their cries of anguish. We remained silent to see them dying. They died from starvation. Nevertheless, our conscience did not prick us. How ever can we avoid our responsibility? And today this little microscopic virus has made us surrender!
May Allah absolve us from the sins we committed. May He bless us all and save our beloved ones, families, friends and neighbours.

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
NOT A TEACHER

Hi,

I just wanted to say that it might be better to avoid the term "positive thing" and say something like "One consequence of the coronavirus pandemic is that ...."

The pandemic has caused such mental and physical suffering among so many people in this world (e.g., thousands of people have lost their loved ones, and millions have lost their jobs) that I feel referring to "one positive thing" about this sudden and totally unexpected tragedy might be very hurtful at this particular time.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
It's the "coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic", not the "pandemic corona".

Status
Not open for further replies.