Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Just now I went out to buy food for breakfast. The plants sold by a street vendor were magnetic to me. I couldn't help stopping my feet, and flicked through them. I was most interested in the jasmine plants and touch-me-not plants among them.

The white jasmine flowers were blooming beautifully. 'They must just smell good' I thought. And I'd like to touch the leaves of the touch-me-not plants.

"Wanna?" asked the street vendor.

I shaked my head and pulled myself away. I've told myself not to buy any plant any more. The plants I bought before either died or wither within a few months or around one year at best. I don't have a green finger at all. Besides that, I even can't take good care of a "plant" named "tree123" in my home that is suffering from toothache.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Just now I went out to buy food for breakfast. The plants sold by a street vendor were magnetic to me. I couldn't help [STRIKE]stopping my feet, and[/STRIKE] stopping myself from going near and [STRIKE]flicked [/STRIKE] (1) browsing through them. I was most interested in the jasmine plants and touch-me-not plants among them.

The white jasmine flowers were blooming beautifully. "They [STRIKE]must[/STRIKE] just smell so good,"I thought. And I[STRIKE]'d like[/STRIKE] liked to touch the leaves of the touch-me-not plants.

"Wanna buy?" asked the street vendor.

I [STRIKE]shaked [/STRIKE] shook my head and pulled myself away. I[STRIKE]'ve[/STRIKE] told myself not to buy any plant anymore. The plants I had bought before either died or withered within a few months or around one year at best. I don't have [STRIKE]a [/STRIKE]green fingers at all. Besides that, I [STRIKE]even[/STRIKE] can't even take good care of a "plant" named "tree123"[STRIKE] in my[/STRIKE] at home that is suffering from toothache.

Nice narrative. Do you mean you can't even take care of yourself?

(1) You use flicked with books and magazines.

Last edited:

tree123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Nice narrative. Do you mean you can't even take care of yourself?
:-D
I take care of myself, but don't take good care of myself. I have been suffering from all kinds of ailments which probably have been caused by my habits- staying up, imbalance of nutrition and few physical exercises etc. Now I am trying to change them.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
They are my habit of staying up late, imbalanced/imbalance of nutrition and lack of physical exercise.

You could say I don't take care of myself well enough.

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
The expression is a green thumb. You don't have a green thumb. Supposedly, some people have more of an aptitude for that sort of thing. (I don't agree. If you want to get good at something you apply yourself.)

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
The expression is a green thumb. You don't have a green thumb. Supposedly, some people have more of an aptitude for that sort of thing. (I don't agree. If you want to get good at something you apply yourself.)

Interesting. It is green fingers (plural) in BrE.

Status
Not open for further replies.