Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I would like it if this review was checked , as practice for my CAE exam. Thank you so much. I apologise for posting it on the wrong section of the web , I just started using it but I think I already know what to do. Thanks for your patience.

A BEACH RESORT
This review is aimed at analyzing my experience in Paradise Resort, where I could have a whale of a time by unwinding. I will point out certain types of people who may have a penchant for it and make recommendations on improvements for the foreseeable future.

First and foremost, it goes without saying the facilities it provides are top-notch. Subsequently, it will be the go-to to those pursuing a holiday in a highly-regarded place, albeit not a suitable option if they are lusting after privacy: it has gained renown and made a name for itself over the years , so it can ve overcrowded at times. Activities to meet people are plentiful.

To continue with, I was particularly pleased by the eating service. I was taken aback by the scrumptious food I could feast on, so on no account must any visitor miss this opportunity! If they have an aversion to sedentary lifestyles, they needn’t worry: a wide spectrum of sports are done. I specifically tried surfing , as the resort is within walking distance to the sea, and it was unforgettable.

Lastly, one aspect craving attention is the quality of the rooms. Although the mentioned standpoints are considerably classy, these spaces are sometimes overwhelming in light of their size and they are broadly overpriced.

In a nutshell, I must highlight as feats the food service and the array of sports. Even though I was unsatisfied with the sophistication of my bedroom, this resort is second to none.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I would like it if this review was checked, as practice for my CAE exam. Thank you so much. I apologise for posting it [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] in the wrong section of the [STRIKE]web[/STRIKE] forum. I have just started using it but I think I [STRIKE]already[/STRIKE] now know what to do. Thanks for your patience.

A BEACH RESORT

This review is [STRIKE]aimed at analyzing[/STRIKE] about my experience in Paradise Resort, where I [STRIKE]could have[/STRIKE] had a whale of a time [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] unwinding. I [STRIKE]will point out certain types of[/STRIKE] hope this will help people who [STRIKE]may[/STRIKE] might [STRIKE]have a penchant for it[/STRIKE] like the resort and I will make some recommendations on improvements for the [STRIKE]foreseeable[/STRIKE] future.

First and foremost, it goes without saying the facilities it provides are top-notch. [STRIKE]Subsequently[/STRIKE] Consequently, it [STRIKE]will be[/STRIKE] is the go-to place [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] for those [STRIKE]pursuing[/STRIKE] looking for a holiday in a [STRIKE]highly[/STRIKE] well-regarded [STRIKE]place[/STRIKE] location, albeit not a suitable option if they [STRIKE]are lusting after[/STRIKE] long for privacy; it has gained renown and made a name for itself over the years, so it can [STRIKE]ve[/STRIKE] be overcrowded at times. Activities to meet people are plentiful. (I don't know what the underlined sentence means.

[STRIKE]To continue with,[/STRIKE] I was particularly pleased [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] with the [STRIKE]eating service[/STRIKE] catering. I was taken aback by the scrumptious food I could feast on, so on no account must any visitor miss this opportunity! If they have an aversion to sedentary lifestyles, they needn’t worry - a wide spectrum of sports are [STRIKE]done[/STRIKE] available. I [STRIKE]specifically[/STRIKE] tried surfing, as the resort is within walking distance [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] of the sea, and it was unforgettable.

[STRIKE]Lastly,[/STRIKE] One aspect [STRIKE]craving attention[/STRIKE] that particularly deserves praise is the quality of the rooms. Although the mentioned standpoints are considerably classy, these spaces are sometimes overwhelming in [STRIKE]light of their[/STRIKE] size and they are broadly overpriced. I don't know what the underlined part means.

[STRIKE]In a nutshell,[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]must[/STRIKE] would highlight [STRIKE]as feats[/STRIKE] the food service and the array of sports. Even though I was unsatisfied with the sophistication of my bedroom, this resort is second to none.

See my comments and corrections above. I'm confused by the fact that you say the quality of the rooms is good and classy but then say you were unsatisfied with the "sophistication" of your room. You should expand on that and explain why you weren't satisfied.

laluuuusii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Oh, no. By craving attention I meant the owners should pay attention to the quality of the rooms, because they are not good enough (too small, etc) . I did not express myself well.

jutfrank

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
The biggest problem by far falls within the 'communicative achievement' criterion. In other words, you've used some very inappropriate language for a CAE review task.

The organisation is okay, your grammar is not bad, and you've probably covered the required content sufficiently well.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I take "they are overwhelming in light of their size" (your original) to mean they're too big! I wouldn't describe a room that's too small as overwhelming. If they're really small, you could describe them as "overwhelmingly claustrophobic".

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
There's not a lot the owners can do about the size of their rooms, though you could mention it in a review of the resort as a warning to prospective visitors who need plenty of space in a guest room,

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First and foremost

Are they paying you by the word?

it goes without saying

Then don't say it!

laluuuusii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Come to think of it, it’s true .. Thanksss

laluuuusii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
What do you mean? I don’t understand what you wrote

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Activities to meet people are plentiful.

There are a lot of activities for people to meet and socialize?

laluuuusii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Yes, it means there are a lot available.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What do you mean? I don’t understand what you wrote.

You use a lot of empty words. Were you trying to reach a certain word count?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You managed to knock the place and praise it at the same time. Also, you invented some phrases.

Try:

I went surfing, and I had a great time.

laluuuusii

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Not this time , in fact it was too wordy, but normally it has to be between 220-260 in Cae

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
You use a lot of empty words. Were you trying to reach a certain word count?

Not this time. In fact, it was too wordy. [STRIKE]but[/STRIKE] Normally, it has to be between 220 and 260 words in CAE.

Please note my corrections above, particularly to your use of punctuation and capitalisation. You have a tendency to run sentences together or separate them with commas.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Not this time. In fact it was too wordy. Normally it has to be between 220 and 260 words in CAE.

You could have easily trimmed a dozen words and probably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.