Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Please, correct any mistakes and tell me if I should hand this letter in!
Thank you for help!

To [Operations Manager]

I am writing this letter with regards to the recent information I received from the shift manager about the intention to remove me from the role of quality checker and instead move me into the role of Reach FLT driver permanently. I would like to express my disagreement, as I strongly believe that this arbitrary decision, if put into practice, would be very inconsiderate, unfair and detrimental to my career development.

Since the beginning of myemployment with ***, I have always strived to perform my duties to the best of my abilities, having regular attendance record and reliability. My performance was marked with exceptional commitment and proactive approach, which derive from strong work ethic. I have managed to extend the range of my skills considerably, and become a multi-skilled worker.

Due to favourable circumstances, I assumed a role of quality checker, succeeding J. G. who was promoted onto a administration position. I was very tentatively hoping that by following J's footsteps, I could also, God willing, one day progress into a desired role in office administration. I am convinced that the current role of quality checking serves this purpose much better and could work to my benefit when applying for one of the desired positions in the future.

I find it very upsetting that now when I have just startedthe role of a quality checker, which involves some office work, a decision is being made to move me to an FLT role permanently. At this point of my career, being an FLT operator is no longer fulfilling. On the contrary, it does not constitute any challenge and I find it uninspiring. The prospect of getting stuck in this position is indeed very gloomy and depressing. I view it as counter-developmental.

I am absolutely aware of and greatly concerned about the current difficult situation in the warehouse. However, I strongly believe that individual employees' aspirations and goals should not be disregarded.

I am willing to hand my Reach FLT licence back and have it remove from the list of my skills.

Keeping these factors in mind I request you to please reconsider your decision. I hope that this letter has given you a deeper understanding of my position on this issue.

Yours sincerely

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I am writing this letter with regard to the recent information I received from the shift manager about the intention to remove me from the role of quality checker and instead move me into the role of Reach FLT driver permanently. I would like to express my strong dissatisfaction and displeasure, as I truly believe that this arbitrary decision, if implemented, would be very inconsiderate, unfair and detrimental to my career development.

Since the start of my employment with ***, I have always strived to perform my duties to the best of my abilities, which my record of regular attendance and reliability attests to. My dedicated performance, exceptional commitment and proactive approach derive from my strong work ethic. I have managed to extend my range of skills considerably, and become a multi-skilled worker.

Due to fortuitous circumstances, I assumed the role of quality checker, succeeding J. G. who was promoted to an administrative position. I was thus hoping that by following J's footsteps, I could also, God willing, one day progress to a desirable role in administration. I am convinced that my current role in quality checking is much more in line with my career aspirations.

I find it very upsetting that just when I have assumed the role of quality checker, which involves some office work, a decision is being made to move me to an FLT role permanently. At this point of my career, being an FLT operator is no longer fulfilling. On the contrary, it does not constitute any challenge and I find it uninspiring. The prospect of getting stuck in this position is indeed very gloomy and depressing. I view it as counter-developmental to my career.

I am absolutely aware of, and greatly concerned about, the current difficult situation in the warehouse. However, I strongly believe that individual employees' aspirations and goals should not be disregarded.

I am willing to hand my Reach FLT license back and have it removed from the list of my qualifications.

I therefore urge you to reconsider your decision, and I trust that this letter has given you a deeper understanding of my position on this issue.

Yours sincerely,

ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.