Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
I hope teachers can help me correct my first movie summary, and provide suggestions and advices if possible. Teachers and the friendly community have helped me improve my English and brush up on it.

Al Keif, The high, is an Egyptian movie released in 1985, which was the golden era in Egyptian screen. With morals and ethics degraded in today's world, Saleh an underachiever and chemist formulates druglike harmless cannabis made out of natural ingredients to prove to his younger brother, Gamel, who is uneducated, drug addict, and an atrocious singer at local weddings that psychoactive substances are illusion and waste of money and life. Gamal's friends consume the drugs and find them recreational. Saleh who secures a highly social status is bitterly disappointed by his low salary and a debt-ridden. Out of greed, Gamel sells the other half of cannabis With 3000, which is tripled his salary. Clearly , Saleh comes to realization that money and power are the languages in today's world. Meanwhile, education is seen as trivial and serves no purpose in social stratification. Gamel convinced his brother that your harmless drugs is neither harmless for oneself nor others ,but rather it saves people's lives and steers clear from diseases. The internal conflict between moral and material needs making him question himself. For how long I should pin my hopes on my job.I will no longer cling to a bleak future and wrecked dreams and hopes. Soon, I will reap the rewards.Then, he decides to break the cycle by taking the challenge and formulating drugs at the hospital lab where he works. After the first day, he hands the harmless drugs to his brother to sell to a drug dealer.Shortly afterwards, both of them grow avaricious for money, however, their lives turned upside-down when Saleh unexpectedly analyzes the drugs in which the drug dealer sells to drug addicts in work lab, he discovers that the drug dealer had combined their formula with fatal psychoactive drugs.

Last edited:

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I hope teachers can help me correct my first movie summary, and provide suggestions and advices if possible. Teachers and the friendly community have helped me improve my English and brush up on it.

Al Keif, The high, is an Egyptian movie released in 1985, which was the golden era in of Egyptian screen movie-making. With morals and ethics degraded in today's world, Saleh, an underachiever and chemist, formulates a drug-like, harmless cannabis made out of natural ingredients, to prove to his younger brother, Gamel, who is uneducated, a drug addict, and an atrocious singer at local weddings that psychoactive substances are an illusion and a waste of money and life. Gamal's friends consume the drugs and find them recreational. Saleh, who secures a highly social status is bitterly disappointed by his low salary and a being debt-ridden. Out of greed, Gamel sells the other half of cannabis, With 3000, the income from which is tripled his salary. Clearly , Saleh comes to realization that money and power are the languages in today's world. Meanwhile, education is seen as trivial and serves no purpose in social stratification. Gamel convinced his brother that your harmless drugs is neither harmless for oneself nor others ,but rather, it saves people's lives and steers them clear from diseases. The internal conflict between moral and material needs making make him question himself. For how long I should pin my hopes on my job. I will no longer cling to hear towards a bleak future and wrecked dreams and hopes. Soon, I will reap the rewards. Then, he decides to break the cycle by taking the challenge and formulating drugs at the hospital lab where he works. After the first day, he hands the harmless drugs to his brother to sell to a drug dealer. Shortly afterwards, both of them grow avaricious for money. However, their lives turned upside-down when Saleh unexpectedly analyzes the drugs in which the drug dealer sells to drug addicts in his work lab, and he discovers that the drug dealer had combined their formula with fatal psychoactive drugs.
See my corrections.
Al Keif, The high
Is that the title of the movie? I don't think you need the comma in a title but "high" should be capitalized.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
IMDb tells me that the original title is "El-Keif" (also written "Al-Kief" on other websites) and the English translation is "The High".

@mrmvp This should be written as "El-Keif" ("The High" in English) is an Egyptian movie ...".

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
@mrmvp who asked you to write that summary?

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
@mrmvp who asked you to write that summary?

No one. My passion for writing drives me to write from time to time. Any suggestions and advices to improve my piece of writing will be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
With morals and ethics degraded in today's world, Saleh an underachiever and chemist formulates druglike harmless cannabis made out of natural ingredients to prove to his younger brother, Gamel, who is uneducated, drug addict, and an atrocious singer at local weddings that psychoactive substances are illusion and waste of money and life.
I'll start this off. What I've left in the quote box is an extremely long sentence! Have a go at splitting it into more than one sentence. Also, you need more commas and you've missed out a lot of articles.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
... is an Egyptian movie released in 1985, which was the golden era in for Egyptian screen. cinema. With morals and ethics degraded in today's world, Saleh an underachiever and chemist formulates a drug-like harmless cannabis made out of from natural ingredients to prove to his younger brother, Gamel, who is an uneducated drug addict and an atrocious singer at local weddings, that psychoactive substances are an illusion and a waste of money and life. Gamal's friends consume the use drugs and find them recreational.
See above.
Saleh who secures a highly social status
What do you mean by that?
Gamel sells the other half of cannabis
and that
your harmless drugs is neither harmless for oneself nor others ,but rather it saves people's lives and steers clear from diseases
and that

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
What do you mean by that?
"Saleh who secures a highly social status."

I meant by a high social status. He holds a PhD degree and has an excellent job at lab. He is from well- known family and he is educated as his father.
Gamel sells the other half of cannabis
Saleh made harmless cannabis to prove to his brother that drugs are an illusion and gave it to his younger brother Gamel who used half of it with his junkies friends and the other half of cannabis sold it to drug dealer.

your harmless drugs is neither harmless for oneself nor others ,but rather it saves people's lives and steers clear from diseases

Gamel, the younger brother, is trying to convince his brother Saleh to produce harmless drugs to make money.

What I mean by "your harmless drugs is neither harmless for oneself nor others ,but rather."

Is that the harmless drugs you made out of natural ingredients will not cause any side effects on people nor will cause any trouble to you.

I am grateful to you and everyone who contributed on my thread.

mrmvp

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
United Arab Emirates
Current Location
United Arab Emirates
I'll start this off. What I've left in the quote box is an extremely long sentence! Have a go at splitting it into more than one sentence. Also, you need more commas and you've missed out a lot of articles.

Thank you. The problem is that I want to summarize not describe every details in the movie. At first, I started off with the story.Then, I have to describe the main actors with a few words and then back to the storyline. I feel that I lost in organizing the story between describing the mains incidents and give a brief description of the actors. Is it possible that you rewrite the beginning of the story in which I used lots of adjectives, collocations ,and going back and forth between telling a brief story and describing actors. Thank you for correcting my previous threads and helping me.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Saleh, who secures a highly social status is well educated and comes from a respectable family, is bitterly disappointed by his low salary and by being always debt ridden. Out of greed, Gamel decides to sell the other half some of the harmless cannabis for $3,000 With 3000, which is tripled his triple Saleh’s salary. Clearly , Saleh comes to realization starts to think that money and power are the languages what matters in today's world. Meanwhile, He questions his education is seen as trivial and serves no purpose in social stratification. Gamel convinces his brother that your the harmless drugs is neither harmless for oneself nor others ,but rather it can actually be used to save people's lives. and steers clear from diseases. The internal conflict between moral and material needs making make Saleh him question himself. For how long should he pin my his hopes on my his job? I will He no longer wishes to cling to a bleak future and wrecked shattered dreams and hopes. Soon, I will reap the rewards. Then, He decides to break the that vicious cycle by taking the challenge and formulating he starts manufacturing the drugs at the hospital lab where he works. After the first day, Within a day, he hands the harmless drugs to his brother to sell to a drug dealer. Shortly afterwards, both of them grow avaricious for become greedy and want to earn more and more money. However, their lives turn ed upside down when Saleh unexpectedly analyzes a sample of the drugs in which the drug dealer sells to drug addicts, in work lab, he and discovers that the drug dealer had combined their formula with fatal psychoactive drugs.