Member Type
Native Language
Finnish
Home Country
Finland
Current Location
Finland
I got a writing exercise.
No need to fix all the errors, only the biggest ones. I just hope to get some general advice on which are my biggest issues and how to improve. Thank you very much.

The international college where you study recently asked students in your year group to test a new app designed for college students

The first look of the app looked very professional. The colors were well-balanced, and I'm glad there is also an option to modify the user interface. The dark mode is a nice extra.
Different learning methods seem very effective at implementing new information fast. Memory Palace and DiSSS -techniques are completely new to me. Seems this app has been designed by very intelligent people.
The only thing I don't like is the limited number of payment options.
In general, I can say this app is very simple; no need to spend too much time learning all the features. It is a very good fit for busy students who have enough job to do with their school work. For them, this app may come in very handy. It's also a great feature that I can interact with nearby users and ask for help with school work. Feynman Technique is also something that I have never heard of. After trying this method, I was shocked at how effective it actually was. They were right, teaching others seems definitely to be the most effective way to learn. It's also a great feature that I can interact with nearby users. After testing this app, I checked some alternatives on Google Play -store and tried them out. I can say that they are nowhere near as capable as this app. I think every student should take advantage of this as soon as possible and in this way improve their own learning.

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
"The first look of the app looked very professional" is unnatural. Say "At first glance the app looked...".

" ... who have enough job to do ..." is incorrect because job is countable. Use either "enough work" or "enough jobs" or best of all simply "enough".

There is no need to guide us on which errors to correct. We decide that.😀

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
1. implementing accessing/acquiring new information

2. It is a very good fit suitable for busy students

3. In general, I can would say this app is very simple

4. teaching others seems definitely to be the most effective way to learn.

Last edited by a moderator:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
And... remove the "a" from #2 in tedmc's version above.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you very much for your/the feedbacks feedback.
Note my corrections above. "Feedback" is uncountable. Remember, though, that there is no need to write a post to thank anyone. Simply click on the "Thank" button, which is found my hovering your cursor over the "Like" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.