A survey about cultural differences and features of perception of slogans (All welcome)

Meowker

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Greece
Hi, respected colleagues👋
Now I am doing a practice part of my research on English (not my native language; sorry for mistakes🙏) and I really-really need your help!!! I will be glad if you participate in my survey. It takes 3-5 minutes.

My main hypothesis is that people from other culture have your own unique view of slogans.

❗Do not worry❗All data is de-identified and no IP addresses and e-mails are collected.

If you have questions, feel free to ask me!

You also can discuss this topic here. I would like to read your assumption and arguments. Probably, all they would be my source of imagination^-^

Thank you in advance🌸

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
❗You should have a gmail:

❗Do not worry❗All data is de-identified and no IP addresses and e-mails are collected.
Hi there, and welcome.
What's to guarantee that the email address will not be collected?
Can't you make your survey fully anonymous (not even requiring gmail)?

Meowker

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Greece
Hi there, and welcome.
What's to guarantee that the email address will not be collected?
Can't you make your survey fully anonymous (not even requiring gmail)?
1st.jpg
Hi-hi! Unfortunately, on google form there is no function 'do not use gmail'. anyway, i have no reason to collect gmails of my respondents and on the 1st screen you can see my settings. if you want i can give you editor role of my survey so that you can control process🌾
2nd.jpg3rd.jpghere is my friend's result and you can see there is no her gmail at the beginning and at the end.

Meowker

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Greece
I did a quick search and found the following:

Does that work for you?
Thank you for your help and advice! Following the instructions, I have made sure that the two options that require sign-up are unchecked. One of them was unchecked earlier but the other was checked because it stopped people from filling out my survey multiple times. I have just corrected it - the security of respondents' data is my priority!💫
I hope there is no problem now and you let me use the survey link. Obviously I am removing the sentence 'You should have a gmail'.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 223307.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-17 222917.jpg

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thank you for your help and advice! According to Following the instructions, I make have made sure that the two options that require sign-up are unchecked. One of them was unchecked earlier but another the other was checked because it allowed not to to fill stopped people from filling out my survey multiple times. I have just corrected it - the safety security of respondents' data is my priority!
I hope now there is no problem now no exclamation mark here and you let me use the survey link. Obviously I am removing this the sentence 'You should have a gmail'.
Note my corrections above.

Meowker

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Greece
Note my corrections above.
Thank you for the corrections! I will do my best to improve my English. Couldn't you allow me use the survey link? Or would it be better to remove my thread?😔

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Please note that I have edited your thread title to pluralize slogans.

Although one of my colleagues deleted the link to your survey I was able to find it and complete your survey using the Version History function.

Meowker

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Greece
Please note that I have edited your thread title to pluralize slogans.

Although one of my colleagues deleted the link to your survey I was able to find it and complete your survey using the Version History function.
I hope it's all right now👍

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
I completed the survey, but I am not sure my responses were particularly helpful. The context of situation would affect many of the responses.

Meowker

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Greece
I completed the survey, but I am not sure my responses were particularly helpful. The context of situation would affect many of the responses.
I find your responses helpful! Thanks for your participation;)

Reactions: 5jj

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I find your responses helpful! Thanks for your participation. ;) Don't use an emoji instead of a closing punctuation mark.
If the survey is now anonymous, how do you know that it was specifically 5jj's responses that were helpful?

Meowker

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Greece
If the survey is now anonymous, how do you know that it was specifically 5jj's responses that were helpful?
Hello! 5jj has information about their current location (Czech Republic) on their profile. There is a question about a respondent's current location in my survey. When I noticed 5jj's post, I immediately checked the latest responses because I wanted to make sure that their responses were helpful. To be honest, I have had few respondents for the last three days. Eventually, I deducted that the latest respondent was 5jj because they had specified 'Czechia'.

Sorry for a emoji instead of a closing punctuation mark. I am used to using emojis everywhere. o_O

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello! 5jj has information about their current location (Chezh Czech Republic) on the forum their profile. There is a question about a respondent's current location in my survey. When I have noticed 5jj's post, I immediately checked the latest responses because I wanted to make sure that their responses were helpful. To be honest, I have had few respondents for the last three days. Eventually, thanks to my deduction I supposed I deduced that the latest respondent was 5jj because they had specified 'Czechia'.
OK, that's a fair explanation.
Sorry for using an emoji instead of a closing punctuation mark. I am used to using emojis everywhere. o_O
I understand that but this isn't a chatroom so there's really no need for so many emojis.