Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Do native speakers really care about foreigners' accent or grammar when talking ?
Furthermore, how about the tolerance of the mistakes?

It depends on whether you can be understood. Otherwise, there are other situational factors. How important is it that the person you are speaking to understands what you are saying? How do you present yourself apart from your speech. People are different, and it's hard to generalise.
How do you react to foreigners who have trouble with your language?

It depends on whether you can be understood. Otherwise, there are other situational factors. How important is it that the person you are speaking to understands what you are saying? How do you present yourself apart from your speech. People are different, and it's hard to generalise.
How do you react to foreigners who have trouble with your language?

Hi, Raymott!
thanks for your opinion! Sometimes when I encounter this kind of problem, I'll be nervous at first.
But I'll try to say again in another way to make them understand.
After that, I'll wonder why they cannot understand, whether is my accent or what I said was vague to them.

No, I was asking how you react to a foreigner who is trying to speak Chinese to you. You will probably get the same range of responses in the other direction - ie. different reactions from different people in different situations.

Do native speakers really care about foreigners' accent or grammar when talking ?
Furthermore, how about the tolerance of the mistakes?

Most listeners care primarily about the meaning of what is said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back