Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
[From a notification on a record card]
kXLPZGt.jpg

Please have your second dose of vaccine according to the appointment time of the doctor in order to have the best protection. Make sure keep this record properly for future medical verification at home and abroad.
---
Is the "of" correct? How about "with"?

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm not sure what that sentence means.

An appointment time is the time of your appointment. In this case the appointment is with a doctor.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
That's a terrible translation and almost gibberish in English. Also, it really won't help people because it seems to be suggesting that simply keeping a note of the date and time of your second vaccine is enough to prove at home and abroad that you've been vaccinated. That's nonsense. You must produce an official vaccine certificate.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
OK. I get it. You're supposed to be a mind reader in order to figure that out. It has to do with booster shots. (I guess it makes sense in Chinese.)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
OK. I get it. You're supposed to be a mind reader in order to figure that out. It has to do with booster shots. (I guess it makes sense in Chinese.)
It's got nothing to do with boosters. Almost all the vaccines currently on the market are two-dose vaccines. You're not considered fully vaccinated until you've had both doses. The third (and fourth, if applicable) shots are the boosters.

kadioguy

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
[...] Also, it really won't help people because it seems to be suggesting that simply keeping a note of the date and time of your second vaccine is enough to prove at home and abroad that you've been vaccinated. That's nonsense. You must produce an official vaccine certificate.
I'll give the full content of it below: :)
InVKkhm.png

Last edited:

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
As ems said, it's a poor translation. I think it means something like 'be sure and follow your doctor's recommended schedule for receiving your second dose".

Status
Not open for further replies.