Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Sorry guys, I don't know where else to put this thread. Please don't delete it if this is the wrong section.

So I'm taking an ielts test next month and I was wondering if you have any tips or advice for me. It can be anything, about the 4 skills or about how to keep calm in the test room, anything at all.

Your help is greatly appreciated, especially if it's from your own experience :)

Also, I'm running dangerously low on practice material. Anyone know any good book?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Are you using the Cambridge IELTS past papers books? You can see information here- Cambridge University Press (search with the term "cambridge ielts" and it will bring them up directly). You can get them on Amazon or any online bookstore.

vkhu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
I've already gone through all of them. What I need more now is advice on how to take the test. Any first hand tip?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What scores have you been getting and where are you getting lower scores?

vkhu

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
my writing suck. I never got more than 6.5. Also, both my reading and listening can't surpass 7.0 either. Any tips on those?

MartinEnglish

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I've put some listening practice tests and writing guides on here. Martin's IELTS Help There are also free worksheets/listening transcripts etc to download.
I hope IELTS students find them useful

Status
Not open for further replies.