[Grammar] Approach for automatic flushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would write "...urinals which I took the photos" since the location is not important.

I would write "...urinals which I took the photos" since the location is not important.
For your version, should it be "...urinals of which I took the photos"? Because we say 'take photos of something'.

Does it take all those Chinese ideograms to say Approach for automatic flushing?

I should have asked sooner, but are we talking about a urinal

images

or a toilet?

images

Last edited:
Yes, or more naturally "... urinals (which/that) I took photos of."

I know the preposition "of" is required, strictly speaking. But can it be dropped as something that is understood?

Does it take all those Chinese ideograms to say Approach for automatic flushing?
Not really. The Chinese language on the sign says things in more detail. I'll try to translate:

Stand close, please. The infrared sensor will be activated and the flushing system will start to work when you approach. Please keep the floor clean while urinating (which implies: be careful not to let the urine drop onto the floor).

I should have asked sooner, but are we talking about a urinal or a toilet?

For me, I am talking about a toilet. :)

So could members help with this?
a. Yes, it is also the case for the urinals where I took the photo.

b. Yes, it is also the case for the urinals in the washroom where I took the photo.

Do both work? Or only one of them?

That's incorrect. It lacks a preposition.

b. Yes, it is also the case for the urinals in the washroom where I took the photo.

Do both work? Or only one of them?
They both work for me.

Stand close, please. The infrared sensor will be activated and the flushing system will start to work when you approach. Please keep the floor clean while urinating (which implies: be careful not to let the urine drop onto the floor).

So basically this:

sign.jpg

We aim to please
You aim too, please

The above sentence does sound logical to me. "Where" implies that you took the photo at the urinals. How could one take a photo of the urinal at the urinal?
I would say you took the photo at the toilet, not at the urinal.

The above sentence does sound logical to me. "Where" implies that you took the photo at the urinals. How could one take a photo of the urinal at the urinal?
I would say you took the photo at the toilet, not at the urinal.

I would have thought that at the urinal is the perfect place to take a photo of the urinal (as long as you can operate your phone camera with one hand, of course)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back