Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
Germany
Before you ask for an example, I have no idea. My cousin wrote in his English *notebook that weeks are capitalized. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean and I've never seen the word "week" being capitalized, neither do I find any mention of it in an online capitalization guide.
Do you think he just accidentally wrote that down?

Last edited:
Why don't you ask him?
Well, he wouldn't know, he's just a scatterbrained fifth-grader. I think I even did.

Before you ask for an example, I have no idea don't have one. My cousin wrote in his English heft that weeks are capitalized. I have no idea what that's supposed to mean and I've never seen the word "week" being capitalized, neither do I find nor have I found any mention of it in an online capitalization guide.
Note my corrections above. What's an "English heft"?
Do you think he just accidentally wrote that down?
You can't "accidentally" write anything. Perhaps you mean "Do you think he wrote down something that he'd misunderstood?"

(If you consider him "a scatterbrained fifth-grader", I suggest you ignore anything he tells you about the English language, especially if he can't back it up with evidence or examples. Take your English advice from us!)

Note my corrections above. What's an "English heft"?
I'm sorry. I sometimes just type in German words for vocab I need to look up. I forgot to replace it this time. "Heft" is "notebook".
You can't "accidentally" write anything. Perhaps you mean "Do you think he wrote down something that he'd misunderstood?"
What I thought of was that he may have actually, while having been absent-minded, written down "weeks" in-between the already written down word types that need to be capitalized, "days" and "months". I think he just filled the gap mentally, so to speak. Do you think "accidentally" is wrong in that scenario too?
(If you consider him "a scatterbrained fifth-grader", I suggest you ignore anything he tells you about the English language, especially if he can't back it up with evidence or examples. Take your English advice from us!)
Sure. I actually try helping him learn sometimes. But some of the things he has written down make me question whether I'm actually wrong so I try to look them up/ask for confirmation about them.

There would be no way to capitalize weeks if you wanted to. We don't give weeks names like we do days and months.

Maybe you meant to say you have doubts about whether you are right or not.

(I still remember the German words for the days of the week from German class.)

The Christian religion has 'Holy Week' (aka 'Passion Week'). (click)

In the football season, there is talk of Week One, or Week Seventeen.

Because it's part of a proper noun.

Back