Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hi people!

Whats does the expression "at scale" mean? Does it mean "on a larger scale" or it means "at a level appropriate to the what's available"? I came up with these two definitions by looking the expression up on the internet, but I still feel very confused...

Here are two sentences:
"Over the course of that first afternoon, the next months, and finally over several years, we honed our practice activities into tools that could help make teachers better, at scale"
"If you seek to do somethings great, you most likely live a battle for talent – for smart and capable people who can do great things at scale."

Thanks!:roll:

Hi people!

Whats does the expression "at scale" mean? Does it mean "on a larger scale" or it means "at a level appropriate to the what's available"? I came up with these two definitions by looking the expression up on the internet, but I still feel very confused...

Here are two sentences:
"Over the course of that first afternoon, the next months, and finally over several years, we honed our practice activities into tools that could help make teachers better, at scale"
"If you seek to do somethings great, you most likely live a battle for talent – for smart and capable people who can do great things at scale."

Thanks!:roll:

Neither sentence makes sense to me.

When you looked the expression up on the internet (as you said you had done), what definition did you find?

Hi!

"on a larger scale"
and
"at a level appropriate to the what's available"

were the definitions I found...

thanks!

Can you add the link to where you found those definitions. I have Googled for a definition of "at scale" and found neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back