Other
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
Hong Kong
Are these sentences right?

My colleague has just returned from her holidays and she told us that she enjoyed her holidays and she then mentioned that she was a basket case.

It's possible but it seems rather illogical. People usually go away on holiday in order to escape the stress of day-to-day life and in order to avoid becoming a "basket case". If someone came back from a holiday and said they were now a "basket case", I would expect them to go on to explain why their holiday was so terrible, all the things that went wrong and what led to that state of mind.

The sentence might benefit from some punctuation. It would still have an issue with the logic, though.

I asked my colleague to explain why she feels she is a basket case. She explained that now she has so much to do in the office after being away for a week and she is not sure if she can handle her work.

That makes more sense but it wasn't clear from the first post that she associated her feelings of being a basket case with her situation at work rather than her recent holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back