[General] Best ressources: books/videos/websites for mastering english grammar and writing?

• Thread starter chr0710
  • Start date
  • Views : 4,454
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chr0710

Hi,
I'm fluent in English speaking and understand it very well, but I don't know and understand the underlying structure/grammatic rules, and would love to learn this to upgrade my language for screenwriting or writing books. What websites would be good to start out? I learn by doing lot's of exercise and seeing a lot of examples.

Also what books would be good to read - books that have good grammar, vocabulary and that are good at describing scenarios/scenes/peoples moods and actions? Shakesphere?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,
You may try Cambridge's "Advanced Grammar in Use" or Oxford's "Practical English Usage". As aguide to clearer and more fluent writing - Sir Ernest Gowers, "The Complete Plain Words". I think English learning resources such as Cambridge, Oxford or BBC are the most reliable.
I also found this blog post on the chepest textbooks to get online (smart.study/blog/best-10-sites-to-buy-cheap-textbooks-online/), in case you will need one. Good luck!

Hey,
You may try Cambridge's "Advanced Grammar in Use" or Oxford's "Practical English Usage". As aguide to clearer and more fluent writing - Sir Ernest Gowers, "The Complete Plain Words". I think English learning resources such as Cambridge, Oxford or BBC are the most reliable.
I also found this blog post on the chepest textbooks to get online (smart.study/blog/best-10-sites-to-buy-cheap-textbooks-online/), in case you will need one. Good luck!

Thank you very much Donna, Really appreciate the help. The books look very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back