But after practicing for a long time....

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I once learned how to cook when I was young. At the begining it was very difficult but after practicing for a long time, my cooking skills have greatly improved and I could cook dishes with complicated procedures.

I wrote the sentence "After practicing for a long time, my cooking skills have greatly improved and I could cook dishes with complicated procedures".

I used to cook dishes with simple steps, like fried eggs, fried vegetables, but after practicing, I knew how to cook complicated (multiple-step) dishes, dishes that take time and energy.

Please help me with a better version of the italic sentence.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I once learned how to cook when I was young. At the beginning, it was very difficult but, after practising for a long time, my cooking skills have greatly improved and I could can [now] cook complicated dishes. with complicated procedures.

I wrote the sentence "After practising for a long time, my cooking skills have greatly improved and I could can [now] cook complicated dishes." with complicated procedures".

I used to cook simple dishes with simple steps, like fried eggs no comma here and fried vegetables no comma here but, after practising, I knew now know how to cook complicated (multiple-step) dishes no comma here and dishes that take time and energy.

Please help me with a better version of the italic sentence.