Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The following conversation took place between my friend Hook and me.

Silver: Last night I used an AI tool to help me answer some IELTS questions and the answers it provided were awesome.
Hook: Yup, I've heard of it. Many people use it to do their homework.
Silver: It was my teacher Frank who told me to use that. At that time, I still didn't know how to use it.
Hook: I believe you'll know how to use it to help you with your English sooner or later. But I notice that you're still posting many questions in the forum.
Silver: Chatbot tools are a bonanza of excellent ideas and to-the-point solutions to my language limitations but real teachers play a more important role in the language accuracy.
Hook: Could you please explain this?
Silver: There are many chatbot tools. I used one to help me to come up with excellent ideas of answering some difficult questions, say, the IELTS questions. And the answers are to the point, not drifting from the topic. Those parts are my limitations in English. I can't really come up with great ideas. But teachers in the forum are equally important, they help me to express myself accurately and precisely because Chatbot tools are very formal when speaking English.
Hook: Okay.

Is the italic sentence natural?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The following conversation took place between my friend Hook and me.

Silver: Last night, I used an AI tool to help me answer some IELTS questions and the answers it provided were awesome.
Hook: Yup, I've heard of it. Many A lot of people use it to do their homework.
Silver: It was my teacher, Frank, who told me to use that it. At that time point, I still didn't know how to use it.
Hook: I believe you'll know work out/understand how to use it to help you with your English sooner or later no comma here but I notice that you're still posting many a lot of questions in the forum.

Silver: Chatbot tools are a bonanza of excellent ideas and to-the-point solutions to my language limitations but real teachers play a more important role in the language accuracy.
You're unlikely to hear "bonanza" in everyday language from native speakers. I suggest something like "Chatbot tools produce/come up with loads of excellent ideas, and solutions for problems I have with English. "to-the-point solutions" sounds like something from an advertising campaign.

Hook: Could you please explain this?
Silver: There are many a lot of chatbot tools. I used one to help me to come up with excellent ideas of answering to answer some difficult questions, say, the IELTS questions. And The answers are to the point; not drifting they don't veer/drift away from the topic. Those parts are my limitations in English. That's my main limitation in English - I can't really come up with great ideas. But The teachers in the forum are equally important; they help me to express myself accurately and precisely because chatbot tools are produce very formal when speaking English.
Hook: Okay.
Note my corrections to the rest of your post, and my comments in blue about the italic sentence.
You'll notice that I've changed "many" to "a lot of" three times. It's something I hear from learners all the time. I get that "many" is easier to learn and remember, but native speakers tend to use it primarily with negative statements, such as "I haven't got many friends". The opposite of that would generally be expressed as "I've got a lot of friends". I find that this use of the positive "many" can really mark someone out as a non-native speaker.

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Much appreciated, emsr2d2. It's very helpful.

I still have some questions after reading your comments and corrections several times. I'd use the blue sentence you suggested but I also want to include the "teacher part". I wonder if the whole sentence is good. If it's not, please help me with that.

Chatbot tools produce/come up with loads of excellent ideas, and solutions for problems I have with English. And the real teachers play a more important role in the language accuracy.

I used "real teacher" to mean "they're not Chatbot tools" and they're more important than the Chatbot tools because I can know precisely and accurately which word to use in my context. Chatbot tools can't do that. I also wonder if "Chatbot tools" is the right term here to express ChatGPT and ChatGPT related things. Plase help me with the latter part of the sentence and also confirm the name "Chatbot tools" for me. :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I used "real teacher" to mean "they're not Chatbot tools" and they're more important than the Chatbot tools because I can know precisely and accurately which word to use in my context. Chatbot tools can't do that.
There was nothing wrong with the part about real teachers. That's why I didn't cross it out or suggest any changes to it.
I also wonder if "chatbot tools" is the right term here to express ChatGPT and ChatGPT-related things. Please help me with the latter part of the sentence and also confirm the name "chatbot tools" for me. :)
I'm not keen on "chatbot tools" (note that there was no need to capitalise "chatbot" - it's a common noun). I generally use "chatbot" to refer to the robots you have conversations with, back and forth. Here, I might use "ChatGPT and similar", or just "AI" (as a singular noun).

Silverobama

Key Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
There was nothing wrong with the part about real teachers. That's why I didn't cross it out or suggest any changes to it.
I'm not keen on "chatbot tools" (note that there was no need to capitalise "chatbot" - it's a common noun). I generally use "chatbot" to refer to the robots you have conversations with, back and forth. Here, I might use "ChatGPT and similar", or just "AI" (as a singular noun).
Uh, I see. Much appreciated!

I still have some last questions about the sentence. Please help me:

ChatGPT produce/come up with loads of excellent ideas, and solutions for problems I have with English but/and real teachers play a more important role in the language accuracy.
1) I think it's good to use "produce/come up with" here.
2) I am not sure if both "and" and "but" are okay.
3) Is the "the" needed in the phrase "in the language accuracy"?