English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Helllo!

Really I am so delightful to be among you and to share my experience and ideas 💡 in such fabulous forum. Lets start with the first one. I am trying to improve my students' speaking skill by letting them communicating with foreign students by using Zoom Programme.

I tried that one with Chinese students and my egyption students were so happy and tried to learn more expressions and vocabulary to communicate with them again.

So can any one of you help me to apply that idea again.

We will use Zoom Programme our students will communicate with each other for 5 minutes or 10 minutes.

The objectives of this idea are :
1-Improve their Speaking skill.
2-learn more about other students' cultures
3- know the importance of learning.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
What age are they and do you use group or one-to-one Zoom calls?

MuhammadGamal

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
They are at the age of 8.
The whole classes see each other through Zoom, then I choose 5 students to make a mini conversation between him and your student for 5 minutes, and we try the same way every time after planning time and determining topics.

If you have any suggestions. You can write them to find the best way

Also, I have a video showing students while they were having conversations with each other.

It was limited to what's your name how old are you and other easy questions but It was so beneficial to them.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Helllo!

Really I am so delightful delighted to be among you and to share my experience and ideas in on such a fabulous forum. Let's start with the first one. I am trying to improve my students' speaking skills by letting them communicating communicate with foreign students by using on Zoom. Programme.

I tried that one it with Chinese students in China and - my Egyptian students were so very happy and tried to learn more expressions and vocabulary to communicate with them again.

So Can anyone of you help me to apply put that idea into practise again?

We will use Zoom Programme and our students will communicate with each other for 5 minutes or 10 five or ten minutes.

The objectives of this idea are :
1. Improve their speaking skills.
2. Learn more about other students' cultures
3. know Understand the importance of learning.
Welcome to the forum.

Please note my corrections above. What help are you looking for exactly?

MuhammadGamal

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Welcome to the forum.

Please note my corrections above. What help are you looking for exactly?
Thanks a lot for your help and correction. It was beneficial to me. What I want is to let my students speak with native students or any students from other countries on Zoom. So can any teacher put that idea into practice by letting his students speak with my students?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks a lot for your help and corrections. It was beneficial to me. They were very helpful. What I want is to let my students speak with native students English-speaking students or any students of English from other countries on Zoom. So Can any teachers here help me put that idea into practice by letting his their students speak with my students?
Note my corrections above.
It's possible that one of the teachers here has a class of students who might want to take part. (I teach only adults, all on a one-to-one basis, so I can't help you.)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
They are at the age of 8 eight years old.
The whole classes see each other through Zoom, then I choose 5 five students to make have a mini five-minute conversation between him and your with one of the remote students for 5 minutes, and we try the same way every time after planning time and determining topics.

If you have any suggestions, you can write give them to me to help us find the best way to do it.

Also, I have a video showing students while they were having conversations with talking to each other.

It was limited to "What's your name?", "How old are you?" and other easy questions but it was so very beneficial to for them.
Note my corrections above. I don't know what you mean by the underlined sentence.

MuhammadGamal

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I mean to select specific topics to talk about which correspond with students' age.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I mean to select specific topics to talk about which correspond with students' age.
I understood (mainly) what you meant by "determining topics" but I don't understand "we try the same way every time after planning time".

MuhammadGamal

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I meant to make a schedule for these meetings.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I meant to make a schedule for these meetings.
OK, that explains "planning time". I'm going to keep going, though! What do you mean by "we try the same way"?

MuhammadGamal

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
The same way here is for making 5-minute Zoom calls for each group we choose from our classes.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"The same way" here is for making 5 five-minute Zoom calls for each group we choose from our classes.
I think, in that case, you should have said "We use the same approach each time we do it".

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Thanks for clarifying that and for your corrections.
You're welcome. However, please note that there is no need to write a new post to thank anyone. Simply add the "Thanks" icon to any post you find helpful. You can find that icon by holding your cursor over the "Like" button. It saves time for everyone.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
@amirarsalan I have removed the hyperlink from your post. I checked it out and it's not free. We don't allow users to advertise commercial sites on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.