Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Lately, my company founder has been passed away and I have to create a message for him as a title called “A Tribute to Our Founder”. Can you please check whether my writing is grammatically good to go.

This pioneering organization was started with a humble beginning by its founder Mr. XXX, He’s been highly versatile and conscientious character. He’s been the main steering wheel of this organization. He had a long time vision of making this organization to increasing heights which became true now. His multipronged and honest approach to clients made him on of the most trusted personality in human resource industry.

CAREER DEVELOPMENT
Started his career as a small manpower provider. For long years, he had seen a huge increase demand for foreign workers especially in the sectors like manufacturing, construction and plantations. His early adulthood experiences gave him the needed courage and confidence to expanded on a bigger scale.
He learned all the procedures in processing and recruiting the foreign worker from overseas. He embedded with quarter century experience in the filed of overseas manpower supply. He’s been the TOP BRASS of this organization.

AWARDS & MEMBERSHIP
The sultan of Negeri Sembilan conferred the titles XXX in 1997 and XXX in 2004 for his outstanding contribution to the betterment of society.
He was a member in Royal Selangor Club and Lions International.
He has been travelled widely around the world and acquired rich experiences.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
You need the past simple for that. Click the Edit button to modify your text accordingly.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
[STRIKE]Lately, my[/STRIKE] The founder of the company I work in [STRIKE]founder has been[/STRIKE] passed away recently, and I have to [STRIKE]create a message[/STRIKE] write an obituary for him [STRIKE]as a[/STRIKE] titled [STRIKE]called[/STRIKE] “A Tribute to Our Founder”. Can you please check whether my writing is okay? [STRIKE]grammatically good to go.[/STRIKE]

This pioneering organization [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] which started [STRIKE]with a[/STRIKE] from humble beginnings was established by its founder Mr. XXX. [STRIKE]He’s been[/STRIKE] With his highly versatile and conscientious character, [STRIKE]He’s been[/STRIKE] he was the mainstay [STRIKE]steering wheel[/STRIKE] of this organization. He had a long-term [STRIKE]time[/STRIKE] vision of making [NAME] a pioneer and a leader in the field of HR. [STRIKE]this organization to increasing heights which became true now.[/STRIKE] His multi-pronged and honest approach to dealing with clients made him one of the most trusted personalities in the [STRIKE]human resource[/STRIKE] HR industry in Malaysia.

CAREER[STRIKE] DEVELOPMENT[/STRIKE]
Mr ABC started his career as a small manpower provider. [STRIKE]For long[/STRIKE] Over the years, he [STRIKE]had seen[/STRIKE] saw a huge increase in the demand for foreign workers, especially in [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] sectors like manufacturing, construction and plantations. He learned all the procedures involved in [STRIKE]processing and[/STRIKE] recruiting [STRIKE]the foreign[/STRIKE] workers from overseas, and his early adulthood experiences gave him the needed courage and confidence to expand the business. [STRIKE]ed on a bigger scale.[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]He embedded with quarter century experience in the filed of overseas manpower supply. He’s been the TOP BRASS of this organization.[/STRIKE]

AWARDS & MEMBERSHIP
The Sultan of Negeri Sembilan conferred upon him the titles XXX in 1997 and XXX in 2004 for his outstanding contributions to [STRIKE]the betterment of[/STRIKE] society.
He was a member [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] of the Royal Selangor Club and Lions International.
He [STRIKE]has been[/STRIKE] travelled widely around the world and acquired rich experience in doing so.
Gaya87, please correct the information on your profile page!

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Hi teechar,

As you requested, I have edited the initially post to past simple tense.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia

[NAME] a pioneer and a leader in the field of HR

When you said (Name) that would be company name or founder's name?

Can I rephrase the sentence as below:

His multi-pronged and honest approach to dealing with clients made him one of the most trusted personalities in the Manpower industry in Malaysia.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Gaya87, you have been asked more than once to correct the information on your profile. It appears that your current location is not India. Please correct it before asking any more questions.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
Gaya87, you have been asked more than once to correct the information on your profile. It appears that your current location is not India. Please correct it before asking any more questions.

Hi emsr2d2, I'm originally from India. But I'm used to travel Malaysia very often for a business trip since my company based in Malaysia. When I created this account I was in India, that's the only reason I stated my current Location as India. Do you still want me to change my current location?

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia

I'm sorry teechr, I misunderstood your comment. When you said correct the information on your profile, I assumed that you're expecting some feedback based on your correction. Basically, you've requested to edit my current location, right?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi emsr2d2, I'm originally from India. But I'm used to travel Malaysia very often for a business trip since my company based in Malaysia. When I created this account I was in India, that's the only reason I stated my current Location as India. Do you still want me to change my current location?

The Current Location section of your profile should contain correct information at all times, even if that means changing it when you travel between countries. If you're only away on a short business trip, you should say that if asked. We keep a close watch on the claimed location and actual location of users in order to help identify spammers and trolls.

Gaya87

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
Malaysia
The Current Location section of your profile should contain correct information at all times, even if that means changing it when you travel between countries. If you're only away on a short business trip, you should say that if asked. We keep a close watch on the claimed location and actual location of users in order to help identify spammers and trolls.

Well-noted. I will change them now from India to Malaysia. I will be in Malaysia for three months. Then, again to India for few months. So, I'll update on the forum accordingly. Thank you so much for your detailed explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.