Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Should "computer languages" be changed into "programming languages"? Could you check the rest of the text please?

"When I was studying at university they added computer science to the curriculum of the first year. Students are learning computer languages. Employers are requiring computer skills and the knowledge of Word, Excell and other basic programmes. Computer skills are a necessity of the modern life."

Yankee

Key Member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Should "computer languages" be changed into "programming languages"? Could you check the rest of the text please?

"When I was studying at university they added computer science to the curriculum of the first year. Students are learning computer languages. Employers are requiring computer skills and the knowledge of Word, (Word Processing Software) Excell (Spreadsheet Software)and other basic [STRIKE]programmes[/STRIKE] software. Computer skills are a necessity of [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] modern life."
Suggestions.

saurabhharshe

Member Type
Teacher (Other)
Native Language
English
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

"When I was studying at university they added computer science to the curriculum of the first year. Students are learning computer languages. Employers are requiring computer skills and the knowledge of Word, Excell and other basic programmes. Computer skills are a necessity of the modern life."
A programming language is a formal language comprising a set of strings that produce various kinds of machine code output. Programming languages are one kind of computer language and are used in computer programming to implement algorithms. Most programming languages consist of instructions for computers.
Regards-

Last edited by a moderator:

probus

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Very lucid and precise Saurabharshe. Welcome to the forum.

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
It's 'Excel'.
:)